General First post

Currently reading:
General First post

as said your comparing the difference from a coupe drivers perspective, and are entitled to that view dont get me wrong :) and well thinking about it, to be honest its all opinion which everyone is entitled to. Emm you need to learn to appreciate this going by previous posts eg:

Emm said:
man i do hope the above comments are a joke? If so you should take up a job as a comedian ;)

really is no need for it so lets see less of it please, we're all here for the same reasons and if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a boring place but there is no need to get your back up about stuff :)

edit: Can we all hug and make up please, or if you insist on continuing the personal attacks on here then the thread will get locked :)

Anyone has any problems with this please feel free to pm me

GhostWKD said:
as said your comparing the difference from a coupe drivers perspective, and are entitled to that view dont get me wrong :) and well thinking about it, to be honest its all opinion which everyone is entitled to. Emm you need to learn to appreciate this going by previous posts eg:

really is no need for it so lets see less of it please, we're all here for the same reasons and if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a boring place but there is no need to get your back up about stuff :)

edit: Can we all hug and make up please, or if you insist on continuing the personal attacks on here then the thread will get locked :)

Anyone has any problems with this please feel free to pm me

Well said dude. I dont make personal attacks unless someone sits up and begs for it. :devil:

As for cinq handling, the sporting handles adequately. Alainas cinq's massive wheels give it better handling, which to be honest suprises me. I have had quite a few modded cars with larger wheels and they usually end up with dubious handling. Alainas doesnt. Bearing in mind that the wheels she has fitted are split rim, deep dish. Its not just 15's. They are 255 wide on the back. Thats a lot of rubber hitting the tarmac with a bit of weight in those wheels holding them down. Dont ask me how but it works.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos said:
I think it's because, like John said, both of you're used to faster, more powerful cars/bikes. Now, I've gone from driving an 899 for 2 years up to the Sporting, and the difference is definately there.
The quoted speed of an 899 is 87mph. The 15s would increase top speed, but I can't say how much off the top of my head. It would also make the speedo overread. If your mate's VTR has larger alloys fitted, it too would be overreading on the speedo. Without doing a timed run at a given constant speed over a given distance, then the speed should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I'm not having a go, I'm just saying that cos someone else confirms what you're seeing, doesn't mean its totally accurate.

I like your thinkin dude. :slayer:

But the vtr was a good comparison. Its only a few years old, the wheels on it are standard and he had GPS! ;)

As for the 15's making it overread, thats not true. Using several online calculators, it makes the speedo underread. My mates gps was reading 91mph and alainas speedo was reading 82mph. Game set match!

Ross

im going to say this doesnt matter a jot.i dont see what the arguments about your entitled to your opinion(s) and if oyur going to stick to your sides then fine.

ross i suggest you get the thread back on topic or lead it die off as its pointless batting back on forward on opinions

custard boy said:
im going to say this doesnt matter a jot.i dont see what the arguments about your entitled to your opinion(s) and if oyur going to stick to your sides then fine.

ross i suggest you get the thread back on topic or lead it die off as its pointless batting back on forward on opinions

Gd point.

So, any advice on fitting a 1242 16v? Got the full punto available. How do you get round the problem of fuel and headlight clearance and lining the alternator up?

Ross

h2ypr said:
As for the 15's making it overread, thats not true. Using several online calculators, it makes the speedo underread. My mates gps was reading 91mph and alainas speedo was reading 82mph. Game set match!

Must have got it the wrong way round then..................

Guys we have moved on from insults flying and we are not going back. Constructive criticism sometimes not the best but you wont always please everyone 100%, however it sure as hell beats open slagging off of others pride and joy (n) if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything. Yes your entitled to your opinions but insults and abusive posts will not be tolerated.

Again, any probs feel free to message me.

Cheers,
Alex

h2ypr said:
So, any advice on fitting a 1242 16v? Got the full punto available. How do you get round the problem of fuel
Stronger Fuel Pump. I understand the P75 one is a direct swap for the Cinq one, and will give 2.5Bar easily.

h2ypr said:
headlight clearance

Use some imagination....cut the headlight back ore extend its mounting points and move it all forward...but that's probably major work

h2ypr said:
and lining the alternator up?

No idea.

arseofbox said:
Stronger Fuel Pump. I understand the P75 one is a direct swap for the Cinq one, and will give 2.5Bar easily.

Wow. If thats a direct swap then that would be handy!

Ross

Back