Technical First night with a Punto - start up problem

Currently reading:
Technical First night with a Punto - start up problem

RichieUK

Hello. Well...i got a FIAT Punto 1.2 1997 60S tonight from my brother in law cos i've just passed my test on Monday. So anyway...i drive away from his house in it and it was perfect, got home took one of my friends with me for a quick spin around the town, fine. Got back home, pulled into the drive, locked it and went into the house. About half an hour later my dad gets in from work and wants a look at it, so i get in the car, he gets in the passenger seat and i start the car...makes a bit of a starting sound then just cuts out, can't start the engine at all. When i got the car my brother in law gave me a blue key and an original black FIAT key. I've tried them both but the same thing happens. A key icon with the word "code" flashes orange then goes off. My brother in law has gone out for the night so it's driving me insane not been able to do anything :mad:

Please, any help?

THANX

Richie

Hello and welcome to the forum. This has come up lots of times before with red keys and blue keys and code lights and things so I'm sure someone can help you - In the mean time you could try the search thing at the top to look up some old threads on it.

I've searched a bit but people talk about a red key, which i don't have, unless he forgot to give it to me.

Richie

i have same model as you, i got a red key (don;t use it for normal use, valuable) with a code card which has the code for car radio and such
and then two normal blue keys (haven;t got a black one)
if you read the manual you will find something about this

the black will will either be for the doors only or the petrol cap, i wouldnt expect it too be able too start the car.
if your using the blue key too start it and the code lights coming on then i expect there is a fault in the code system somewhere and since you dont have a red key fixing it might be tricky.

Back