General First night out on the road.....

Currently reading:
General First night out on the road.....

Rob-mint-mk1-uno

Mighty v6 power
Well lad's i put my mondeo up for sale so i swapped the insurence over onto my uno, tonight will be the first night i have ever taken her out ( well leagly at least ) i cant wait to get out there and chase up some saxo's that i'm after lol...
So no going back now, all insured as my main car and gettin it sprayed as soon as my mondeo sells, then ill lower it and hope fully nothin will go wrong :worship: ...
Ill keep ya posted later on and tell ya how it went..

Well didnt go just as planned, the dump valve is the wrong one for my car as now it wont idle and wont boost properly so i need to souce some hoses and put the standard valve back on as it makes the car so more alive and responsive....
Also i put the standard dash back in so i could see the boost guage and i never clipped the speedo in correctly so i couldnt see how fast i was going, how ever i did race my best mates 2ltr 16v red top - running on webbers twin 40's and i kept on his ass to 100mph then he slowly pulled away and his was rollered at 200 bhp so i didnt do to bad....
I just need to get it sprayed and lowered then ill be happy...
Cheers chaps. (y)

What did the dump valve come off, as with cars running an afm you will need a twin piston, so its either a single piston or maybe the diaphragm is split.

Goldie Punto said:
What did the dump valve come off, as with cars running an afm you will need a twin piston, so its either a single piston or maybe the diaphragm is split.

Its a single piston.... i came off of dunc's car and he said it might not run on mine and it don't...
Im not to bothered as i'd rather have the standard one on there and the car will then be running it's best, i picking up some hoses tonight so i remove the valve sum time this week..(y)

Tell ya what, coming round tonight? Bring the UT and take me up kentisbury.

Want to feel what BOOST feels like, again. =)

I got 80 up that road with my mates in the car and that was enough in the Rover!

I think I got pretty close that in the UT JUST when it went to double lane (so I had LOADS more road to play with), but I was advised to slow down by others in the vehicle as the needle was rapidly approaching what you went at ;)
This was when my engine was at the same tune yours was. 1.05BAR, 3.5" scorp 'xaust and K&N filter... with 15s. it was so much fun >=)

So you're gonna give me a quick spin tonight, yeah?

Sorry just to but in but have any of you guy tryed one of them fse fuel pressure regulators works wonders on the mk1s i think the standed fuel pressure on a mk1 is set at 1.7 bar all the way through the revs if you fit the fse fpr and wak the boost and fuel pressure up it will run so much better than with just the standed jobbie i used to run 1.2-1.5 boost with silly fuel presure and it used to fly the only thing is if you run the pressure that high the idle pulsates all over the show and you use a ton of fuel but feck me it used to mash a lot of so called faster cars:devil:
Also i read on here someone said the mk1s have a rev limiter is that right mine never had no rev limit and you could rev it of the clock though the yellow through the red and into the black.

Yer i like a bit of flame action my pulsar spits out a few flames every now and again:devil: I was just wondering if the standed mk1s had a limiter as standed and if so what revs it is set at?

Pretty sure it's an aftermarket option and you can change it, but it should be somewhere in the region of 7k rpm with standard internals...

I've got an FSE fuel pressure reg, but am at standard boost for now.

Makes the car vibrate and belch out black smoke on heavy revving. >=)

I might well try cranking the boost up to about 1.2/1.3 BAR when I've got it on the road, but i was getting clutch slip @ 1.05BAR before...

Yeah the Mk2 has one.

I think it's @ 7.0Krpm, but could be wrong

yes mine is an aftermarket rev limter and its set at about 7k.

i dont understand why people turn the boost up to more than about 14psi using a standard turbo as at high rpm's it only holds about 12psi, seems pretty pointless to me as it gives the car more torque but no more peak bhp, and wears the turbo out

I guess you're right. At high speeds it won't boost much, if at all, more, and it'll drink petrol, wear the engine, clutch, etc... out more, providing that the engine's internals and clutch are standard.

Still, I might try mine at 1.3BAR to see how she is... but I generally think 0.8 BAR is around good for normal driving, maybe even standard boost. Still gets you from 0 to 60 in 8 seconds with my pipercross filter & s/s exhaust.

Back