General First Fiat

Currently reading:
General First Fiat

madmummy

I bought my first Fiat a couple of weeks ago and I've been lurking ever since. Having browsed around I'd like to thank those that provided answers to my issues with the radio, electric handbrake, keyless locking and Sat Nav. Very helpful. (y)

I love my 500x; it makes me smile because it looks good and has got some personality about it. I love the 6 gears, dual climate control, cruise control and I'm still getting used to the keyless entry and ignition. The button where the handbrake should be is doing my head in, but I'll get used to it.

There are 2 things that really disappoint me. First is auto lights. Second is auto wipe. I've got a well spec'd car (lounge) but it doesn't have auto lights or wipers? Surely that's standard these days? The dealer who sold it advised me to just "leave the lights on". My response was: I come from an age when we had a choke and leaving lights on meant not starting your car the next day. I can't possibly leave the lights on.;)

Anyway, I'll keep looking for hints and tips to maximise this lovely new toy. Meantime if anyone can confirm I'm not going bonkers with the lights and wipers, I'd be grateful.

just thought of a third thing. The woman's voice on the Sat Nav. Please tell me I can change it! I detest her with passion.

just thought of a third thing. The woman's voice on the Sat Nav. Please tell me I can change it! I detest her with passion.

Welcome to the forum, glad you like the car.

With the Lounge spec the 'Visibility Pack' is a paid for option and that gives you Rain Sensor for the wipers, Daylight Sensor for the lights and an Auto Dip mirror. Unfortunately not standard spec. I had them all on my last car and only on Sunday night set off from somewhere at 10.00pm and had to remember to put the lights on as the daylight running lights offer some illumination...
Sorry as I don't have the Sat-Nav, can't help you on the voice issue.

Back