General First Ever Car Project

Currently reading:
General First Ever Car Project

here is what i wanted to do with the dash but still not sure, tbf there isnt that much stuff to do if i put my mind to it to get it through an mot. as it was on the road before the engine gave up and iv just changed the engine so there cant be that much to do. what it needs is the handbrake cable adjusting, that side door sorting as its sharp, check the clutch cable adjustment, N/S door mirror as you cant adjust from the inside of the car and then seal the exhaust properly as i can hear it blowing from somewhere? and maybe a couple of minor things sorting, then if it passes its mot i will start to make the car more presentable and maybe sell it on?

Any comments or opinions welcome

Many Thanks

JP

Attachments

• P260708_17_51.JPG
    P260708_17_51.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 36
sorry i havent updated for a while iv been busy hauling straw bales around, but found a dent puller for £3.99 so i though i would give that a try before i take the wing off ect back at school on wednesday so only able to work on it at weekends again :( oh well

JP

finally made a decision... i am finishing off the bits off the car and then my uncle (who originally gave me the car) is going to swap my cinquecento for another of the company cars which needs some work.. its a citroen saxo which has been broken into so a few things need sorting on that, either way i still need some help to sort some problems out. here is a list of the jobs that need doing :
- Replace offside inner driveshaft
- Charge the battery up
- Sort most of the dents out with a dent puller he has
- Tape up a split breather hose
- Tighten the sump plug (looked as if it was sticking out the bottom when i had it on the ramps)
and that's about it.. ohh and find out why under acceleration liquid literally shoots out the exhaust pipe, could i have over tightened the throttle cable or something simple like that?

Many Thanks

JP

God, Its been ages since iv been on here but thought things needed an update. Well after the crash involving the tractor i bought 2 front wings and 2 front doors for £45 :p thanks to MarioCinq, only problem is that they are bright yellow :yuck: but no matter having different colour body panels is not going to fail its MOT. the cars been a bit of a nightmare tbh as one things are going good, problems start to occur but no matter it will be sorted in the end. only a few final jobs to do now which includes:
  • Change Electric Windows to Winders
  • Find the Logbook
  • Get a replacment front number plate
  • Get n/s side repeater lense
  • Fix o/s Front indicator
  • Oil and filter Change

but then im looking for another cinq to get sorted with a budget of around £100 so if you know any let me now.

Cheers

JP

hiya midlands farmer i am also 15 and just purchased a 1998 white cinquecento 900i as a project car fingers crossed mine has no problems yet but if i find any ill ask u for advice
cheers bob 900i

hiya midlands farmer i am also 15 and just purchased a 1998 white cinquecento 900i as a project car fingers crossed mine has no problems yet but if i find any ill ask u for advice
cheers bob 900i

ok ill try and give you some advice when you need some, tbf these little cars are great fun and easy to work on. you only need a very basic toolkit to work on it.
so good luck with your car

Cheers

JP

Quick Update: All front panels are back on, electric windows converted to winder mechanisms and new front numberplate has been ordered for £8. so not much left to do now. i need to "find" a N/S wing indicator and O/S front indicator and do an oil and filter change and then its off to its new polish owners.

Cheers

JP

good to see your getting on (y)

i did a oil and filter change 2,000 miles before you got it but i suppose its been what 6 months :O?

Ash

I don't hang around, i like to get things done (y) and if its near enough new, i might leave it as its had fresh oil in anyway and i only really drive it at the weekends, so i might leave the new filter in the car for my uncle to use when it needs a service :D, when was the belt last done do you know?

Cheers

JP

To be honest mate it sounds like a head gasket issue if it’s loosing coolant that fast. One thing I would do is to get a new gasket kit and get the head skimmed. Also it might be worth stripping and rebuilding the engine whilst reconditioning it, give it a good clean, if it’s an old car it deserves some TLC.

Back