General First Ever Car Project

Currently reading:
General First Ever Car Project

what needs doing to make it road worthy???

CV Boots, the heater doesn't work, the panels which need switching which im in the process of getting at the moment, drive shaft bearings maybe?? handbrake adjustment, clutch adjustment and i think that's it so far??

could probably do most of that without buying things but iv already spent around £125 on it with new engine, bumper and essentials ...

JP

CV Boots, the heater doesn't work, the panels which need switching which im in the process of getting at the moment, drive shaft bearings maybe?? handbrake adjustment, clutch adjustment and i think that's it so far??

could probably do most of that without buying things but iv already spent around £125 on it with new engine, bumper and essentials ...

JP

well if you stripped it for parts you could get a bit more then what i sold the engine to you for with the work it had done on it the cylinder head only had 38k on it

personally on one this old i think you dad would be correct, if it was a never one that would of sold easily

Ash

well if you stripped it for parts you could get a bit more then what i sold the engine to you for with the work it had done on it the cylinder head only had 38k on it

personally on one this old i think you dad would be correct, if it was a never one that would of sold easily

Ash

it might get me a bit of extra cash but iv worked so hard on it, its my first car and so it would be a shame to strip it for parts so might keep it and just knock around in it and buy a newer car when i get some extra cash or i could wait for another one to be given to me :D lol

JP

it might get me a bit of extra cash but iv worked so hard on it, its my first car and so it would be a shame to strip it for parts so might keep it and just knock around in it and buy a newer car when i get some extra cash or i could wait for another one to be given to me :D lol

JP

Maybe have a look on ebay, see if there are any complete 899's being broken in the area. Being on a farm, I assume your old man has a landy and some kind of towing capability - if you can get a decent enough donor car for not too much money not only would it give you everything you need but you'd also have a bucket of spares incase anything else is needed.

Maybe have a look on ebay, see if there are any complete 899's being broken in the area. Being on a farm, I assume your old man has a landy and some kind of towing capability - if you can get a decent enough donor car for not too much money not only would it give you everything you need but you'd also have a bucket of spares incase anything else is needed.

thats very true !!! if i got an R reg cinquecento then i would use parts out of my car now to make it road legal :) ( want an R reg due to my private plate im getting for my 17th birthday :D)

JP

thats very true !!! if i got an R reg cinquecento then i would use parts out of my car now to make it road legal :) ( want an R reg due to my private plate im getting for my 17th birthday :D)

JP

just had a wild idea :devil: !!!
Convert my car into a van :slayer:
Tell me what you think and hopefully give me some hints??

Many Thanks

JP

had a think about it and there really is no point in converting it to a van, i keep having wild ideas but i might just get these problems sorted and sell it and get a newer model, at least then i can spend a bit more cash on it as i will be keeping it :D. if there was a track i could take it too near Meriden , Birmingham then i would maybe think about making it a track car but its all just money down the drain... (n)
How much do you thin k i could sell an "L" reg for??

Many Thanks

JP

what's the point in selling it after all your work?

Facts,
As a track car you looking at spending big big money, with not the best base you could have to start off with
average cost of a track day : £100-150
Fuel : a tank or two?
brakes : track driving will cook them
tyers : depending on how you drive, I have watched people scrub them in one outing

then there is getting the car ready, you looking sorting out the comedy 900cc suspension which is going to cost £200+

points are, you not even able to drive yet, when you can this will be your first car and you will likely only be able to afford 3rd party only, for the love of god do not put money in to, or buy something nice for your first car because changes are you will at some point dent/scratch/crash/be crashed in to

decided to keep the car for a while so im going to do a few minor mods to make it look better: spray the dashboard and heater parts red, debadge and hopefully find some alloys for around £25 (originals), what type of paint do i need and how do i prepare the dashboard?

Many Thanks

JP

did you get the rad sorted mate cos if not and a sporting rad is the same, i have a rad that is in good condition i am willing to donate to your cause

yep i have the radiator sorted now but thanks for the offer, sorry i haven't been on in a while iv been down burnham on sea. still deciding what to do with my car as i dont want to spend hardly any money on it unless i find something to do with it, i dont suppose someone has a picture of a sprayed dash do they so i can have a look at the finished effect before i do it.

Cheers

JP

Back