General First Ever Car Project

Currently reading:
General First Ever Car Project

To be honest mate it sounds like a head gasket issue if it’s loosing coolant that fast. One thing I would do is to get a new gasket kit and get the head skimmed. Also it might be worth stripping and rebuilding the engine whilst reconditioning it, give it a good clean, if it’s an old car it deserves some TLC.

the HG was done when i got it then pulled the engine out
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecen...977-cinquecento-899cc-head-gasket-change.html

its a timing chain but i have no idea for the aux belt

Ash

To be honest mate it sounds like a head gasket issue if it’s loosing coolant that fast. One thing I would do is to get a new gasket kit and get the head skimmed. Also it might be worth stripping and rebuilding the engine whilst reconditioning it, give it a good clean, if it’s an old car it deserves some TLC.

All fixed now mate bought a new engine as it turned out cheaper(y)

the HG was done when i got it then pulled the engine out
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecen...977-cinquecento-899cc-head-gasket-change.html

its a timing chain but i have no idea for the aux belt

Ash

yeah might just buy an aux belt to be on the safe side, only takes 15 mins really.. oh and my new numberplate from the bay came today :slayer: just got to fit it now :)

Cheers

JP

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I've literally just read this thread from the start. It's really really inspired me! :D ..I'm also 15, and I also have a 899CC cinq (L reg) which i'm currently in the process of fixing up ..This thread has been an absolute help, so thankyou!

Please keep me/us updated, it's really intriguing :)

-Regardss

LP

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I've literally just read this thread from the start. It's really really inspired me! :D ..I'm also 15, and I also have a 899CC cinq (L reg) which i'm currently in the process of fixing up ..This thread has been an absolute help, so thankyou!

Please keep me/us updated, it's really intriguing :)

-Regardss

LP

Its good to see so many young people like us interested in cars. hope your car goes well and keep us updated with a progress thread like this (y)

Should be fitting my new numberplate tomoro afternoon, will keep you all updated

Many Thanks

JP

ive been keeping an eye on this thread too,must be dam determined,

btw ive got a box of bits form my cinq spare,red seat belts,wiper blades,interior parts,more than welcome to them if you want nay feel free to ask (y)

keep the posts coming!

si

ive been keeping an eye on this thread too,must be dam determined,

btw ive got a box of bits form my cinq spare,red seat belts,wiper blades,interior parts,more than welcome to them if you want nay feel free to ask (y)

keep the posts coming!

si

yeah that would be great thanks, i dont suppose you have a wing indicator lens do you?

Cheers

JP

this may be my final update for a while due to my car nearly ready for its swap. so i thought i would show you some pics of how the car looks now :), it will be going for its MOT soon so i hope it passes:slayer:

Comments please, oh and if you see a cheap cinquecento around near Warwickshire, let me know (y)

Many Thanks for all your help

JP

hmmmm thous panels look fimiliar lmao

nice to see your getting it sorted mate

sorry never got back to you but what was the parts you were wanting off me as i am about to scrap my shell????

well im back to square one. Car failed its MOT the other day mainly on brakes. im not quite sure what to do with it now as i need to give £40 to my uncle for the MOT, iv already spent £200 on it and not sure whether to sell up and cut my losses, break the car on here or repair the damage and hope to god i dont end up with a large debt to the car. any advice please as i need to get it sorted and moved.... :( oh and i found out that the engine was staved of oil at the top of the engine :( so theres a blockage somewhere :(

Advice please ?......

hi im too like you but im 16 and have a 93 899 sx which im sort of restoring to an abarth fashion lol it green atm and is the original colour here it is
cinq.jpg

eurocinq2.jpg

:slayer:

Back