Technical First 'beep beep beep'

Currently reading:
Technical First 'beep beep beep'

'Engine Fault' - Strange one this actually. Got it yesterday morning as I started up for go to work. Problem remained through a few clean starts. Rang my local garage to get booked in to have the code read, they told me it'd cost me £30, I told them to ram it :D. So I began looking for a cheapo code reader in our local motor factors and car bits shop. They didn't have any in, and couldn't even order a compatible one (Draper don't make ANY Fiat specific tools hardly?! losers!:p) Anyway, I left the shop, started the engine and the poxy light had gone out :confused:

What confuses me is that it flashed up, but there was nothing noticably wrong with the car. It ran fine, performed normally, and didn't do anything unexpected. I've had no work done recently, so there doesn't appear to be any cause of the problem. It's got me toally stumped :confused: Is this just one of those things? I actually got quite excited...it's the first error message I've EVER had from the car in over 2 years. I'll say that again for all those people who hate the Stilo.

FIRST FAULT WARNING IN OVER TWO YEARS

I haven't had chance to have a proper look yet, but it's been very wet recently, so I'm wondering if the infamous D9 could have something to do with this?

Anyone had similar issues?

EDIT: Should add actually that I'm finally going to jam a crow bar in my wallet and buy one of these.So I should get some idea what's playing up!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi mate,
I have to say you are a strange man from getting excited at the fault warning light!! lol only joking! It may well just have been a dodgy reading from a sensor due to the cold and damp. If it doesn't give a dodgy signal after 3 further start cycles, then the fault is normally cleared and your warning light goes out. This sounds like what has happened in your case.
Oh and those USB fault code readers are good! (i know people are going to say its not as good as examiner, which is true, but they give you enough info to diagnose almost all but the most complicated of problems!)

Cheers,
Alan

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I take it that the fault that caused it, even if a false reading from a dodgy sensor, will still be stored though? I'm a total donut when it comes to electrics and ECU etc, better with brakes, suspension, the more mechanical rather than elcromechanical or indeed electrical!

Was quite impressed a couple of months ago actually, my mate hooked the car up to his smart snap on diag computer to see if he could turn the service light out, and he said there's not one fault code stored!

:bang:

I'll say again...I'm a numpty with electrics. At least I know where it is though...

....it's in the ashtray, right?

As for getting excited, it's my first ever fault...I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, I been on here a while now and always feel left out when people talk about fault lights and beep. Until now all I've ever got was low fuel and ice warning!

(p.s. I knew it was D4...just testing everyone. Well done T, you passed :D)

Last edited:
i just got a beep when coming down the motorway. scared the hell out of me.

beep beep - low fuel warning.

estimated range 89 miles lol.

enough to last till tuesday evening :D

Was quite impressed a couple of months ago actually, my mate hooked the car up to his smart snap on diag computer to see if he could turn the service light out, and he said there's not one fault code stored!
I see you like to live dangerously then Chris :p

You should know from reading threads on here just how expensive that can end up :(

Is it possible to reset service counter with any of these devices? If not, how do you reset your service counter?

Nope... which i was hoping for... but the gs400 reads quite a few manufacturer spec codes... but as T14086 mentioned.. wont read all ... you can upload more onto the unit from your comp.... but comes preloaded with generic codes

Beep beep beep is the one part of stilo ownership I definitely don't miss ..my heart used to miss a beat when it happened beep beep beep WTF ..ice warning lol ..don't have this with the panda ..don't have to do start up checks of stand on my head to read the village clock [not that its relevant ] but you get my drift I'm sure ..I had to move June's stilo of our drive the other day so I could go out in the panda ..back off and BING BING BING BING BING Jesus WTF ..didn't have the seat belt connected ..:rolleyes: that's really taking it to far now ..glad I don't own it ..it would do my head in all the time ..silence is golden in the panda :D

Beep beep beep is the one part of stilo ownership I definitely don't miss ..my heart used to miss a beat when it happened beep beep beep WTF ..ice warning lol ..don't have this with the panda ..don't have to do start up checks of stand on my head to read the village clock [not that its relevant ] but you get my drift I'm sure ..I had to move June's stilo of our drive the other day so I could go out in the panda ..back off and BING BING BING BING BING Jesus WTF ..didn't have the seat belt connected ..:rolleyes: that's really taking it to far now ..glad I don't own it ..it would do my head in all the time ..silence is golden in the panda :D

Haha very true...

Ice warning gets me every morning as does low fuel....

Truth is i think the stilo is just winding us up.. " BEEP BEEP BEEP.. just though i would s**t you up... might be a bit chilly today":D

lol :p

think im going to get the low fuel warning again on monday evening :eek::rolleyes:, big fillup then which will hopefully last me till the 4th or so of december.

going to manchester :D to see my aunty and take my cousin to the cinema.

i like the way how it tells you that there is ice on the road. (y)

and as for the seatbelt buzzer, just moving your car on the drive - get that seatbelt on now :D

my old stilo didn't beep when your seatbelt was off, but this one does.

It will stop if you put it in reverse because you dont have to wear a seatbelt when going backwards :)

too mony bongs and beep noises in my car, start up, "bong" danger of ice, put car in reverse "beep", drive off "beep" seatbelt not on"

Last edited:
Back