firewrk bellend

Currently reading:
firewrk bellend

yes. bonfire night happens every year, you knew about it - if you are that concerned with a stick hitting it, park it in a garage.

as a side question, anyone ever had a firework scratch their car? i don't know anyone that has.

yes. bonfire night happens every year, you knew about it - if you are that concerned with a stick hitting it, park it in a garage.

as a side question, anyone ever had a firework scratch their car? i don't know anyone that has.

i've had a stick from a firework go through my skylight and consequently showering me with glass

Luckily it was safety glass.

:shakehead

This is why there should only be organised events

You want to buy me/hire me a garage?

no, do you want to pay for me, my friends and family to go to an organised firework event?

I don't really think falling 'debris' is the issue with fireworks its the fact any numpty can walk into a shop and buy what essentially are 'high explosives'.

totally agree, it wasn't me who picked up on the falling debris side of things.

i've had a stick from a firework go through my skylight and consequently showering me with glass

Luckily it was safety glass.

i don't understand how, i'm looking at the remains for a firework now and cannot figure out how, even when falling at its terminal velocity it would smash glass. :confused:

actually, this is going round in circles eh. shall we just agree to disagree, but remember next time there is a news arcitle about something British being scrapped by the PC brigade or the likes, don't comment on it.

no

i don't understand how, i'm looking at the remains for a firework now and cannot figure out how, even when falling at its terminal velocity it would smash glass. :confused:

It was a stick from a rocket. I know for a fact it was a firework cause it had singed all the carpet in my loft extension. Luckily it was the type of carpet that just singes and doesn't burn. Believe me its possible

sounds like someone threw it on your roof, for it to have signed the carpet etc then it must've detonated on the skylight - which yeah, would break it. the stick doesn't catch fire. i'm not talking about idiots throwing fireworks. i was asking if people think it is justified to go off ranting at people setting off firework displays in their backgardens.

Last edited:
2 cars so far, and its happened to my bro once, hence my anger on the subject. but i dont go smashing people's faces up, i just let all the air out of their tyres or stick nails under the tyres. no need to go on a killing spree unless its intentional. tbh the damage t-cut out on all occasions, but there was still a tiny mark on the roof of my immmaculate 1985 orion ghia, i'm still not over it 6 years later. i guess it depends where you live, i lived in firework hell at the time.

Last edited:
In your opinion obviously..

Where as in mine I find it much more fun doing your own (y)

Cheaper - many are free to watch. It's already paid with your council tax so enjoy it.
Safer - trained professionals are setting these off. Not just someone who has read some instructions and thinks 25feet is just as safe as 25 meters.
More impressive - A £50 box from Asda isn't going to compete with a £2,000 15 minute, music synchronised display.

Not opinions. Facts.

i quite enjoying setting them off, trying to time it all right - and it's much more fun sitting in my own garden than standing in some boggy field with a load other people watching someone else work.

not opinions, facts.

i quite enjoying setting them off, trying to time it all right - and it's much more fun sitting in my own garden than standing in some boggy field with a load other people watching someone else work.

not opinions, facts.

I never said you didn't enjoy setting them off. I just said organised events were safer, cheaper and more impressive. :confused:

Back