FireFox not saving cookies :(

Currently reading:
FireFox not saving cookies :(

Hey. I'm wondering is some techies can help me. I'm running the latest version of firefox and latest update.
However, it's not keeping me logged into anything! Here, psc, hotmail however it does save my passwords so I have to keep filling in my user name. Does anyone know any other settings I can change other than the config:firefox and the usual settings/options.

Thanks a lot for your time

Erm it should just work.

Are you running it as a default user (i.e Administrator priviledges). When run as a guest account stuff forgets settings quite often.

If you are an administrator i'd check Antivirus and Malware. Quite often they run a keylogger then delete all your cookies and clear passwords for all your sites so you have to put them in again and get them logged!.

Erm it should just work.

Are you running it as a default user (i.e Administrator priviledges). When run as a guest account stuff forgets settings quite often.

If you are an administrator i'd check Antivirus and Malware. Quite often they run a keylogger then delete all your cookies and clear passwords for all your sites so you have to put them in again and get them logged!.
hey, thanks for reply.
I'm the admin and FF has all the defaults set.
AVG isn't changing it too either. Is there some setting in the settings perhaps I am missing?

No by default FF will save cookies / password etc etc.

Just check privacy and security tabs and make sure:-

Accept Cookies from sites and third party is ticked

Save passwords for sites is ticked.

Exept from that I don't know. Does IE save setting etc?.
When browsing the settings, I discovered the tap that says "remember history" I never knew that if you press "custom settings" that loads of other info drops down if you get me. So now it's on custom settings rather than just "remember history"
Sorted!
Thanks for your help Chris. :)
EDIT: it must have resorted to those settings on the latest update last week

Back