General Fire Extinguisher Mounting

Currently reading:
General Fire Extinguisher Mounting

I've gone and bought a small fire extinguisher for the car, but I have no idea where or how to mount it.

I was thinking of putting it down by the lower corner of the passenger door, but is it flat metal behind there?

I dont want to go pulling carpet up without having a vague idea whats behind it :p

Or are there any ideal places where it should go?

Being a fire extingusher you'd want it some where you can grat it quickly.

I was about to say the flat bit next to passenger speaker but someone beat me to it.

DSCN5282.JPG:) :)

You'll want to mount it somewhere accessible, as mentioned before along the ridged area of the console is good place and you'd use a backing plate behind the dash. Another good place is under the front of passenger, or possibly drivers, seat loads of room there.

If the fuel tank was leaking fuel , The fire extinguisher would be the last thing on my mind.......... RUN!!! :eek:
To rupture a fuel tank on these cars would take some serious impact and you would be in a non thinking state.:sleep:

who knows, freak accidents happen.

Maybe the love of your life is stuck unconscious in the passenger seat, with the flames creeping closer. You might be able to get a few moments to get them out rather then getting beaten by the flames.

who knows, freak accidents happen.

Maybe the love of your life is stuck unconscious in the passenger seat, with the flames creeping closer. You might be able to get a few moments to get them out rather then getting beaten by the flames.

True!!
But don't mount it in any place that if you did have a bad smash the fire extinquisher would come loose and finish you off on a rebound.....:eek:

True!!
But don't mount it in any place that if you did have a bad smash the fire extinquisher would come loose and finish you off on a rebound.....:eek:

Yea,as with any pressurised cylinder(dont know how much extingushers are pumped up to tho) knock the neck off and it'll take your head off,aswell as go throught the car,and a couple of brick walls,and then land a mile off:rolleyes:

Yea,as with any pressurised cylinder(dont know how much extingushers are pumped up to tho) knock the neck off and it'll take your head off,aswell as go throught the car,and a couple of brick walls,and then land a mile off:rolleyes:

It's not the pressure inside, which is low, It's the kinnetic energy that the thing can carry when on the loose. I would not want that thing in with me unless it's bolted down as secure as my seat belt anchor.

Tie wrapping to a roll cage is not a good idea as they are not strong enough.

Last edited:
yea, the zip ties did make me wonder, as your not gonna have a set of pliers at hadn to cut them when you need the extinguisher.

My one comes with a quick release mounting. One clip and your done. but its tight enough so that it isnt going anywhere (unless the mounting goes with it :p)

yea, the zip ties did make me wonder, as your not gonna have a set of pliers at hadn to cut them when you need the extinguisher.

My one comes with a quick release mounting. One clip and your done. but its tight enough so that it isnt going anywhere (unless the mounting goes with it :p)

if you look. brooky's is quick release, you just pull it out the holder ;)

put it down in the passenger footwell :)

Back