General Finally the rear suspension refresh is complete

Currently reading:
General Finally the rear suspension refresh is complete

Finally got the new rear springs and bump stops in! I’ve had 3 attempts to do this and just couldn’t get enough movement on the lower mounts to get them out with my stands and jack combination. Even with spring compressors it was not happening 🤬 So decided to let my mechanic do it on his lift at the same time as the MOT. Ninky passed but I now have an advisory to sort out the fronts 🤣
Now with correct bump stops in place you can see how easy it could be to bottom out! I’ll clean up the bottom mounts at the weekend 🤞🏻

Next job, coolant flush… now how do you get that bottom hose off🤦🏼‍♂️???

Attachments

• ACE2B361-32BD-487C-A820-E0A206F36434.jpeg
    ACE2B361-32BD-487C-A820-E0A206F36434.jpeg
    914.6 KB · Views: 105
Looking good! Gosh, though, those bump stops are long compared to the standard FWD cars.
Next job, coolant flush… now how do you get that bottom hose off🤦🏼‍♂️???
I'd advise prising apart the hose clamp if it hasn't already been removed and replace with a jubilee clip.
I don't think I would bother with the quick release connector again after I struggled to get mine fully seated and lost a load of coolant...

Looking good! Gosh, though, those bump stops are long compared to the standard FWD cars.

I'd advise prising apart the hose clamp if it hasn't already been removed and replace with a jubilee clip.
I don't think I would bother with the quick release connector again after I struggled to get mine fully seated and lost a load of coolant...
Yes I’d read your thread. You certainly aren’t alone in having had trouble with the quick release. I‘m also expecting the sump guard to put up a fight as I don’t think it’s been removed before 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

I suspect the QD clip is there for manufacturing efficiency. I tried to shift mine and could not see how its was supposed to release. Removing the clip and replacing with worm drive took a fraction of the time and it doesn't leak.

I did release the QR fitting on one of ours, and it then leaked when reassembled. I tried twice to refit with new O rings and then bought a new hose with a new QR fitting. Not too expensive from eBay, but £112 from Fiat! I would not touch this joint. I agree totally with the - remove the hose and fit a new jubilee - clip school of thought.

Back