General Finally some joy for the Cinq

Currently reading:
General Finally some joy for the Cinq

Well after a week of bits falling off and breaking and awful tyre wear there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon lol. Cinqs booked in for 4 new nankangs and tracking tomorrow, shame I'll have to wait 50miles for the tyres to wear in before it can have a little bit of grip testing. Went back to selby motosave just beacuse it's easier for me to get to, but if i'd had the choice then i wouldn't have. All in all £152 for new tyres fitted, balanced and valved and tracking.(y)
Only a few pounds more than buying off mytres.co.uk and getting my nearest approved fitter to do it so im happy!:D
Gaz

SkinzCinqSproting said:
Only a few pounds more than buying off mytres.co.uk and getting my nearest approved fitter to do it so im happy!:D
Gaz

why didnt you get them to price match?

**** I didn't think of that, ah well its next day so that outweighs the cost of a few pounds plus it would have cost me those few pounds to reach the nearest fitter anyway in fuel;).

Where the hells rochford tyres in relation to me though, the saving wouldn't be worth the travel me thinks. As for nankangs being "ditch-detectors" either mase or AoB seemed to rate the new model of nankangs so they must be OK.

delivery, and if you call them they do a discount, free postage sometimes,

personally the tyre size it rather annoying, i got a set of 14s now, nice small falken tyres, does the job and only 45 quid a corner

Yeah so i'd still have to pay for fitting, so wouldn't be worth it. Yeah theres only the nankangs and the pirellis, thats why I'll be getting 14s next year hopefully. And whats with my sudden excessive use of "Yeah" lol!
Gaz

Nankangs or wotever are made in the same factory as Yokahama (sp) IIRC? maybe arc or rally can back me up on this?? i got 4 all round on my 13's and they grip well on the track. would buy them again in teh 15's as they do teh 195/45/15 :yum:

I run yokos all round and no problems, people have had problems in the wet with yokos, especially on corners but personally i havent

ross_sei said:
any particular reason why ARC? or just personal preference?

i've not heard enough good about them to warrant buying a set, nankangs.. just, well - no, hedge hunters / ditch finders etc etc

Yokos, not very good in the wet. Gex runs them on his Sei, and they're not much good in the wet. The UK is a wet place, so it makes no sense to run a tyre thats rubbish in the wet.

My tyre of choice is still bridgestone pontenzas, followed by conti sport contacts - and yeah, i've tried both of them!

bloomfieldliam said:
Sadly the Potenza in that size is no more.

i know, which is why im glad i have tem on the rear and not all round atm, keep the potenzas alive as long as possible - just glad i didnt smash one up when i hit that kerb :eek:

TBH im not flush enough to fork out for the pirellis so nankangs it was, I think they should be OK though, seem to have a good tread pattern

i wasn't having a go, i just think the bit of the car that touches the road is one of the most important bits and not to be skimped on!

Amazingly enough so do I, but I also think i couldn't carry on driving on my unbelievably screwed pirellis and the nankangs where all I could afford I'm afraid, 14s will solve the problem next year.

Back