General :) Finally got myself a stilo

Currently reading:
General :) Finally got myself a stilo

mitchellinman

hi as the title says finally bought a stilo yesterday, its an 02 plate 1.6 in sassi grey with a sky roof, only one problem so far when i turn a corner sharply it pings and says low oil stop engine :confused: shall i get an oil change?
Just spent 5 hours cleaning it, bit dark for pictures but will get them up asap tommorow.
Thanks Alex

yep been looking for one for quite a while so im over the moon at the moment, im just worried because it sounds bit like a diesel aswell!
didnt like sassi grey in pictures but in flesh its (y) also just professionaly machine polished and clayed it and it looks :eek:, i love it,
Cheers Alex

Propably low on oil. When cornering fast, the oil will (due to physics) go to the opposite side - left when turning right, and right when turning left. This will lead to low oil pressure if there is little oil in the engine. As I ahven't got my new (used) Stilo yet, this is just a general answer.

Morten.

The 1.6 sounds a little diesel-ish when you first start it but after that it's great. Check your engine oil level for the warning light when cornering prob but don't overfill it, easily done as the oil is almost colourless. Sounds like a nice motor. Wecome aboard(y)

Last edited:
cheers for the welcome guys, another problem lol within 2 days of ownership, airbag failure light has come on and it has just told me danger of ice as its -12 degrees lol.
Cheers Alex

I see Alex is enjoying TRUE Stilo ownership now :p

I'd get the engine oil flushed and changed anyway to be honest, it's £20-£30 well spent; oil is the blood of your car afterall!

As for the airbag (it's a dare I say 'common issue'), could be the sensor under the passenger seat, connectors under the seat etc; one assumes you have some sort of warranty so best get it looked at I'd say!

I think I wouldn't love FIAT as much if my families car's (Brava x2, Stilo x5 (that is sad :eek:), Marea, Punto, Barchetta) didn't have minor niggles to keep us, well me, entertained. Trouble free motoring is boring! And anyway, RELIABILITY wise, they've all been superb (y) (touch wood).

yeh was thinking about getting a oil change and oil filter change, does anyone have any recomendations where to have it done or not?

mitchellinman said:
yeh was thinking about getting a oil change and oil filter change, does anyone have any recomendations where to have it done or not?

NOT fiat ;)

just an update guys, had the oil and filter changed and had the engine flushed at national for £18 :D thats got rid of the oil pressure warning (y) airbag warning is just annoying it has a mind of its own!
Thanks Alex

Back