General Finally found a Cinquecento!

Currently reading:
General Finally found a Cinquecento!

i dont get this, if a crash repair is on the register it should be a proper job done by an insurance approved bodyshop so it will be ok. if it shows signs of a repair thats not on the register then it could be bodged then you should worry.

ps mines got brand new battery aswell, and yellow ones hold thier money better than red ones :)

serin said:
mines an M reg (althoug not a sporting!) and doesnt have a crease, does that mean mines a DOG?? :yuck:

a lot of people would replace whole boot for one from a breakers if some bugger smashes thier window ;) or they may just upgrade the boot for looks :)

EDIT the one pete was talking about has more out of place than just the creese

bloomfieldliam said:
Pete,

What's the diff between a MK1 tailgate and a MK2 tailgate?

Did the red or some call them pink clusters not start on the P plates?

It is suspiciously shiny though but John who used to be on Cinqs&Seis had a tidy red N plate. (The turbo that was sold to Steve)

Liam
As Ghost says, the crease on the tailgate goes with mk1's and pinky lights go with smooth bottomed mk2's.

The car just stands out for me, there's something amiss - wrong tail lights, badges in wrong place, suspiciously good paintwork for age...

Might have been bashed and straightened, might not - could be the previous owner debadged it and it's had new ones on, back lights may have been swapped for legit reasons - but suffice to say it needs investigating if anyone's thinking of buying it.

serin said:
mines an M reg (althoug not a sporting!) and doesnt have a crease, does that mean mines a DOG?? :yuck:
Omg no of course not!!!! It just means that it's a very special earlier model with the crease - nowt wrong with that :)

dave said:
but its red people will call you postman pat, an when old bill are bored they play snooker so red cars get pulled a lot more than others ;)
I've not been called postman pat or ever been pulled (cept for once when i did 80 in a 30 :eek: )
And i drive like michael schumacher <yer right i wish!

bloomfieldliam said:
Pete,

What's the diff between a MK1 tailgate and a MK2 tailgate?

Did the red or some call them pink clusters not start on the P plates?

It is suspiciously shiny though but John who used to be on Cinqs&Seis had a tidy red N plate. (The turbo that was sold to Steve)

Liam
Red/pink clusters started on N regs but some old/first registered Ns have normal coloured ones but I haven't seen many to be honest.

There are more differences between models of cinqs too - all kinds of things have changed over the small time they were out.

Mate, i wouldnt worry too much about that bumper, get it checked out anyway as suggested, but my car looks exactly like that. I bought a pink car, t cutted it and thats what it looked like afterwards, the colour returns on the metal but not on the bumper.

Would say i got mine for the same price as that, was an "n" reg with 62k on it but wish i had just bought a better one in the first place as in 2000 miles I have had to replace clutch, clutch cable, sump and have a complete new exhaust.

So £1000 later i now have a mechanicaly sound cinq but is old with pink bumpers!

The tailgate on the sus one is the same as mine apart from the badges, is the crease not the little line below the boot lock that the K plate 900's have?

Liam

So I checked out that Cinq today and 3rd gear doesn't work! How much would it cost to get it repaired/replaced?

I might be able to meet up with you on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday. I'll have to talk to my dad about it first.

Back