Panda BAck.jpg

Panda (Classic) Finally a 4x4 in the garage

Introduction

After trawling the net over half a year I finally took the plunge and put down a deposit on a 1987 Panda Sisley, possibly one of the first 500 produced and initially planned.
Booked a weekend in Bergamo and travelled down in August last year.
Took it for a spin and had it up on a lift. Fully restored, with new paint, rebuilt engine and gearbox, RIALZI 50mm lift and in really great condition.
Well, two months later and an expensive transport from Italy to Denmark I finally had it in the garage ready for winter fixes and the the MOT and import duties and so on.,
Did find som rust that needed to be fixed but nothing serious.
On the bucket list to fix:
  1. Get the negative camber corrected so that it stands at 0 degrees.
  2. Fix the right hand side inner CV boot on the driveshaft as it is leaking
  3. Order and mount headlining
  4. New downpipe and middle exhaust
  5. Fit Hella spotlights
I've already fitted new bushings on the gearlinkage and it now shifts like new.
I find it a nightmare trying to find parts - or rather, the correct parts, but am learning.
Unfortunately can't or won't) source them from the UK because of the enourmous VAT and import duties to be paid.
Looking forward to showing the progress and hopefully also getting some good tips and tricks from the forum here.

Cheers

Per
IMG_3981.jpeg
Quick question to the experts - if I want to increase the size of my tires, retaining the 13” rims, but get some rubber that has a larger diameter, what would you recommend?
I have the stock Pirelli Winter tires on now.
All input appreciated,
Oh, and I probably do more normal driving than off road

Quick question to the experts - if I want to increase the size of my tires, retaining the 13” rims, but get some rubber that has a larger diameter, what would you recommend?
I have the stock Pirelli Winter tires on now.
All input appreciated,
Oh, and I probably do more normal driving than off road
I had 155/70 13 vredesteins on my old 4x4 and they only rubbed on 3/4 lock but all tyres are not created equally, aggressive pattern treads can by 15-35mm bigger radius…if it’s mainly on road, and I put summer tyres on, I had some cinquecento sporting alloys with 165/65 13s on with no problem, (can’t remember the offset though) but they scrubbed much more quickly than the bigger soft compound winter tyres, which was counter intuitive!

Back