Films released in year you were born

Currently reading:
Films released in year you were born

Hi all. Just thought i would post another thread to keep us amused on this thursday night.

When you were born, what films were released in that year.

I was born in 1988.

There were a fair few films, including:-
- Beetlejuice,
- Childs Play,
- Crocodile Dundee 2,
- Die Hard,

And one of my favourites:-

The Land Before Time

Some cool films released in my birth year (y)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), 110 minutes, D: George Roy Hill
Description.

Easy Rider (1969), 94 minutes, D: Dennis Hopper
Description.

Midnight Cowboy (1969), 119 minutes, D: John Schlesinger
Description.

True Grit (1969), 128 minutes, D: Henry Hathaway
Description.

The Wild Bunch (1969), 145 minutes, D: Sam Peckinpah

http://www.filmsite.org/1969.html
Description.

1971, a quality year for the flicks:

Bananas (1971), 82 minutes, D: Woody Allen
A Clockwork Orange (1971), 137 minutes, D: Stanley Kubrick
Duel (1971), 90 minutes, D: Steven Spielberg
Dirty Harry (1971), 103 minutes, D: Don Siegel
The French Connection (1971), 104 minutes, D: William Friedkin
The Last Picture Show (1971), 118 minutes, D: Peter Bogdanovich
Play Misty For Me (1971), 102 minutes, D: Clint Eastwood
Straw Dogs (1971), 118 minutes, D: Sam Peckinpah

Im from 1985, think my year is the best so far, i love all these films.,:D :p

Back to the Future
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rocky IV
The Color Purple
Out of Africa
Cocoon
The Jewel of the Nile (bit soppy but good)
Witness (think this is the one where the jewish boy sees a murder)
We Are the World
The Goonies (absolutely legend!).,lol
Pee-wee's Big Adventure (always wanted his bike,)
Teen Wolf
Man With One Red Shoe (one of my all time favs, and BIG)
Commando, (the one with arnold swaarrrttnneeeiiiggaaarrr)

Blade Runner
E.T
Poltergeist
Gandhi
An Officer And A Gentleman

Nuff said ;)

you've done it wrong :bang:

these threads are supposed to be the year and month you were born.
general practice it to use the first release date internationally

so for example september 1980 - Ordinary People
yes that really crap waste of time about a family that lose a son.

August 1979

Apocalpse Now
The Life of Brian (pure class) (y)

Brian?s mother: He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Reg: All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Attendee: Brought peace?
Reg: Oh, peace - shut up!
Reg: There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and for all.
Dissenter: Uh, well, one.
Reg: Oh, yeah, yeah, there's one. But otherwise, we're solid

[a line of prisoners files past a jailer]
Coordinator: Crucifixion?
Prisoner: Yes.
Coordinator: Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.
[Next prisoner]
Coordinator: Crucifixion?
Mr. Cheeky: Er, no, freedom actually.
Coordinator: What?
Mr. Cheeky: Yeah, they said I hadn't done anything and I could go and live on an island somewhere.
Coordinator: Oh I say, that's very nice. Well, off you go then.
Mr. Cheeky: No, I'm just pulling your leg, it's crucifixion really.
Coordinator: [laughing] Oh yes, very good. Well...
Mr. Cheeky: Yes I know, out of the door, one cross each, line on the left.

:D :D :D

There's more here:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0079470/quotes

Last edited:
i was born in 1984 and these were the films released :

1984, 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Aaj Ki Awaaz, Amadeus - Academy and Golden Globe (drama) Awards for Best Picture, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, All of Me, Bachelor Party, The Bay Boy - 1985 Genie Award for Best Canadian Motion Picture., Beverly Hills Cop, Blind Date, Blood Simple, Body Double, Bolero, The Bostonians, Broadway Danny Rose, Cannibal, Holocaust, Cannonball Run II, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure, Choose Me, City Heat, The Company of Wolves, directed by Neil Jordan, The Coolangatta Gold, Country, La diagonale du fou, (Dangerous Moves) - Academy Award for Foreign Language Film, Dune, Electric Dreams, Eureka directed by Nicolas Roeg, Footloose, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, The Funeral aka Death Japanese Style, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Greystoke - The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, Irreconcilable Differences, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, The Karate Kid, The Killing Fields - British Academy Award for Best Film, The Last Starfighter, The Lonely Guy, Love Streams - Golden Bear award winner, Making the Grade, Micki + Maude, Monster Dog, Moscow on the Hudson, Mrs. Soffel, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Natural, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (March 11 - Japan), The NeverEnding Story (Die Unendliche Geschichte), A Nightmare on Elm Street, Night of the Comet, Old Enough, Sundance Grand Jury Prize, Once Upon A Time In America, Paris, Texas - Palme d'Or winner, A Passage to India - Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Film, The Philadelphia Experiment, Places in the Heart, Police Academy, The Pope of Greenwich Village, A Private Function, Purple Rain, Reckless, Repo Man, The Return of Godzilla, Revenge of the Nerds, The River, Romancing the Stone - Golden Globe Award for Best Picture (Musical or Comedy), Sixteen Candles, Slapstick of Another Kind, starring Jerry Lewis, A Soldier's Story, Splash, Starman, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Stranger Than Paradise, A Sunday in the Country, Supergirl, The Terminator, Thief of Hearts, This Is Spinal Tap, A Year of the Quiet Sun (Rok spokojnego slonca) - Golden Lion winner,

And just for jug:

C.H.U.D (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers)

Last edited:

1984, 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Aaj Ki Awaaz, Amadeus - Academy and Golden Globe (drama) Awards for Best Picture, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, All of Me, Bachelor Party, The Bay Boy - 1985 Genie Award for Best Canadian Motion Picture., Beverly Hills Cop, Blind Date, Blood Simple, Body Double, Bolero, The Bostonians, Broadway Danny Rose, Cannibal, Holocaust, Cannonball Run II, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure, Choose Me, City Heat, The Company of Wolves, directed by Neil Jordan, The Coolangatta Gold, Country, La diagonale du fou, (Dangerous Moves) - Academy Award for Foreign Language Film, Dune, Electric Dreams, Eureka directed by Nicolas Roeg, Footloose, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, The Funeral aka Death Japanese Style, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Greystoke - The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, Irreconcilable Differences, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, The Karate Kid, The Killing Fields - British Academy Award for Best Film, The Last Starfighter, The Lonely Guy, Love Streams - Golden Bear award winner, Making the Grade, Micki + Maude, Monster Dog, Moscow on the Hudson, Mrs. Soffel, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Natural, Nausica of the Valley of the Wind (March 11 - Japan), The NeverEnding Story (Die Unendliche Geschichte), A Nightmare on Elm Street, Night of the Comet, Old Enough, Sundance Grand Jury Prize, Once Upon A Time In America, Paris, Texas - Palme d'Or winner, A Passage to India - Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Film, The Philadelphia Experiment, Places in the Heart, Police Academy, The Pope of Greenwich Village, A Private Function, Purple Rain, Reckless, Repo Man, The Return of Godzilla, Revenge of the Nerds, The River, Romancing the Stone - Golden Globe Award for Best Picture (Musical or Comedy), Sixteen Candles, Slapstick of Another Kind, starring Jerry Lewis, A Soldier's Story, Splash, Starman, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Stranger Than Paradise, A Sunday in the Country, Supergirl, The Terminator, Thief of Hearts, This Is Spinal Tap, A Year of the Quiet Sun (Rok spokojnego slonca) - Golden Lion winner,

God damn 1984 was a good year for films(y)

1941!

when fiats looked like this:

fs_car1.jpeg

a film, a film, a film, a film etc.

then:

This Is Spinal Tap

:worship: :worship: :worship:

LEGEND of a film!

"Our amps go up to 11!"

"Why?"

"Well, it's 1 louder than 10 innit?"

"Why not just make 10 louder?"

*silence*

"Tell me. Are we going to do Stonehenge tonight?"

"No we're not fcuking going to do Stonehenge."

"We recorded the album in Dobly."

"Don't you mean Dolby?"

"No, it's definitely Dobly."

"That song is beautiful. What do you call it?"

"Lick my love pump."

"This guitar is amazing. It's never been played and it still has the price tag on it."

"Can I touch it?"

"Don't point at it. Don't even LOOK at it."

If you've ever been in a band Spinal Tap will make you howl with laughter and cry in shame. Because everything in the film is based on TRUE events in rock history!

Attachments

• Spinal Tap.jpg
    Spinal Tap.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Volume 11.jpg
    Volume 11.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
1941!

when fiats looked like this:

fs_car1.jpeg
I doubt if there were many Fiats in the UK when I was born Jug.;)
In fact there were very few cars of any description!
My dad had a Ford 8 that only saw service very occasionally, we also had a TV he bought in 1949 that didn't see much service due to BBC only airing programmes at certain times.

I was born 20 years before the first motorway was built and was among the first to use the M1 back then.:(

1971, a quality year for the flicks:

Bananas (1971), 82 minutes, D: Woody Allen
A Clockwork Orange (1971), 137 minutes, D: Stanley Kubrick
Duel (1971), 90 minutes, D: Steven Spielberg
Dirty Harry (1971), 103 minutes, D: Don Siegel
The French Connection (1971), 104 minutes, D: William Friedkin
The Last Picture Show (1971), 118 minutes, D: Peter Bogdanovich
Play Misty For Me (1971), 102 minutes, D: Clint Eastwood
Straw Dogs (1971), 118 minutes, D: Sam Peckinpah

Snap - good year for films

Back