Styling Film came today..

Currently reading:
Styling Film came today..

So yeah, i got my tinting film today (Well yesterday but didnt have time to even have a look till today)

5% Limmo black i ordered and gonna have a crack at doing it myself with my dad.

Any tips or advance i may need as i know its going to be hard..

Have watched some youtube videos which say you need to use lots of water all the time and that you use the outside of the window as the template and then stick it to the inside..

Probably fail but haha worth a try

hi mate, yh basically you wet the window your cutting it for and slap the tint on that (without peeling off the sticky obviously) and just use a sharp stanley blade to cut around it. be as neat as possible mind! make sure you cut it with the actual tint stuck against the window and the stuff you peel off and chuck away facing you.

then wet the inside of the window your tinting, get it quite wet, then peel off the tint and stick to the inside, i found it best to use a credit card or a clag spreader and wrap it in a couple of layers of paper so u dont crease the tint by pressing to hard. then just work the water out from the middle to the sides, then apply a little heat at a distance just to shrink the tint a little, helps to not get tiny pockets of air/water.

i did it on my mk1 punto so i removed the back windows and did it on a table. and just lifted the boot lid and did that one

hope this helps

ryan

i followed that guide too, its good, but reading how to do it and actually doing it are 2 different things.

i done mine last week, this is how it turned out
https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/243160-diy-tinting-attempt.html

Just need to take your time
Dont use a credit card tho, the edges are a bit sharp, so if theres a slight speck of dirt u could end up ripping the film
Id recommend using a rubber squeegy and those lint free cloths

Good luck with it and post pics when your done!

i followed that guide too, its good, but reading how to do it and actually doing it are 2 different things.

i done mine last week, this is how it turned out
https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/243160-diy-tinting-attempt.html

Just need to take your time
Dont use a credit card tho, the edges are a bit sharp, so if theres a slight speck of dirt u could end up ripping the film
Id recommend using a rubber squeegy and those lint free cloths

Good luck with it and post pics when your done!

yeah i read the guide and thought it would be really easy and only take a few minutes.. ended up taking hours and 2 rolls of film haha, yeah i couldn't get the pin out either so mine looks the same as yours from the inside.

another tip would be to mix baby bubble bath with the water :)

Back