fiber glass bumpers? Any good?

Currently reading:
fiber glass bumpers? Any good?

guitarjon

views on fiber glass bumpers?

Always been told to go for abs plastic bumpers for durablity and quality, only i have seen a front bumper for my mk2b punto which only comes in fiber glass, do you think its worth bothering with or will it just crack or something? Its not stupidly low or anything, just wana know how durable they actually are, if i accidendly went over a dead bird or something in the road what chance of survival does the bumper have? By the way its a formula 2 front bumper

Not sure it's going to fit.

7880_1024.jpg

lol hellcat
its not quite that shape...

i dono if i have answered my own question or not surly they would have clicked on by now if they were soo bad and stopped making them?

They usualy fit like shhit!! and are never perfect ie imperfect wobbly finish, blow holes in the fibreglass, and usualy require a competant bodyman to make good, as compared to pu and pur moulded bumpers that are a league above and can withstand an impact, simple to paint, much better, a friend of mine makes fibreglass kits and he does a good job but they do need fettling and more labour which is reflected in the customers pocket, if i had a choice id go down the pu pur route! Ant!

the best quality bumpers that are fibreglass is carzone. a lot of places that fit bodykits dont pre bake the kits before they are painted and fitted and thats why they start to look ****e and bubble up. baking the kit removes all of the air bubbles out of the kit and when these parts are rectified and painted properly you shouldnt have a problem if you look after it. as fot hitting something unfortunatly fibreglass isnt as strong as plastic and will shatter if hit hard enough.

Back