FiatForum @ Alton Towers!

Currently reading:
FiatForum @ Alton Towers!

at.jpg

All are invited to the first FiatForum meet at Alton Towers.

The park is located in Alton in Staffordshire and is within easy reach from both the M1 and the M6 via the A50. Theres plenty to do for everyone so even if your not keen on big rides you should come anyway! it is expencive but im sure a good day will be had by all!

The event will take place on Sunday the 18th of June 2006 (as voted for in the poll section) and will start at 9:00am at a local meeting point which is yet to be decided (will be announced nearer the time).

We will then convoy to the park and purchase tickets. Anyone wishing to prebook tickets must do so by themselves. There will be no group booking and I highly suggest you take advantage of all the special offers which will appear in the Sun, boxes of cereal and even cheese :p. Normal adult entrance fees last year were £28 per person.

There are a number of people planning to stay over the night before, I am recommending a hotel/B&B in and around the town of Cheadle. If there are enough members in the area, maybe a pre meet drink or 2 in a local pub will be in order :).

If anyone needs any help or information please give me a shout and ill be more than willing to help! Also, can anyone wanting to attend please post here so I can get a rough number. Obviously its a long time away yet but make sure you get it booked off at work early!

See you there :p

Last edited:
Might be an idea to have 2 convoys there - one from the M6 side, and one from the M1 side.
H

meeting point will be within a few miles of alton towers so we can convoy and park together rahter than in mixed places in the car park.

Everyone will be coming off the A50 at Uttoxeter (unless coming a diff way other than the A50) so the meeting point can be enroute to alton towers from that roundabout. bright and early :) If people want to arrange convoys to actually get to the meeting point then thats fine :)

Ive done both M1 and M6 way and it is well out of the way and on twisty roads so any n00bs going who havent passed their test a long time i would take it steady, ive cn many cars rolled in the nearby areas (y)

those roads are some of the funnest ive driven on in my life :)

Its about 10 mins from the A50 if you know where your going. if you follow the signs it takes about 20 as it takes you the long way round.

At the moment im thinking the meeting point should be Cheadle car park. its easy to get to from the A50 and ill post full directions from the Uttoxeter round about.

Im suggesting here as its easy to find and is a big place so will fit a bunch of cars easily. plus there is petrol near by and a quicksave/somerfield on the car park for breakfast :).. plus a motorworld just incase of any breakdowns :eek: and its a relativly quick dash to the park from there too.

Hellcat and i will be there with baby James. I'll be booking my Travel Inn next week when i get paid :D

Back