Fiat veteran, new Fiat.

Currently reading:
Fiat veteran, new Fiat.

Well, what a wonderful start!!!

I just did a - about - 400 word intro about me and my history with Fiats, clicked preview post, was told I had to log in (I was logged in, I'd just previously edited my profile, and if I was NOT logged in why was I able to type my introduction?), logged in and was presented with a blank page. Intro lost!! Pee-ed off, to say the least! :bang:

Hello, BTW. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
why didn't you just go back a page, copy it & paste it to word/notepad:confused: or simply do as i suggested above?

Better be good this intro of yours because the hype is building up!...just putting some pressure on;)

Please note; I do know where the
1792896517.png

is and how to use it, thank you. ;)
It took me to the empty posting box, hence having to retype.....and the moan above.

No pressure re the intro, then, eh! :eek:

The picture in my sig is called "Charnwood Fox Infiltrates The Enemy". Just experimenting with pics on here. It'll probably go soon, if and when I get some snaps of the B2.

https://www.fiatforum.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_cookies

What is 'Automatic Login'?

When you register (and also when you login using the form at the top of the screen), you will be given the option to 'Remember Me'. This will store your identity securely in a cookie on your computer. If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we recommend you do not enable this.

We recommend all new members read the forum rules.

https://www.fiatforum.com/faq.php

Right, intro……second attempt.

I have owned Fiats for almost 30 years:
  • Regata 1.6…….6 years…bought at 2 years old
  • Teapot 1.4 DGT…..almost 10 years….ex-demo, 6 months old
  • Bravo 1 1.6 SX…..almost 11 years…..Bought new
You may have noticed a theme; I love Fiats. They are bombproof, they go on for ever….almost!

A month ago I took possession (company car) of a Bravo 2 1.4 T-Jet 150 on a 57 plate - and I love it.

I have just 2 – related – niggles; no clutch-foot footrest, too narrow a gap between clutch pedal and centre console. I know that the Italians have narrower feet than we Brits, but LHD B2s get a footrest. Why not RHD models?

Well, 3 niggles; why is the handbrake positioned for the passenger to operate in RHD models? I’m quite tall, but I can imagine short-a*ses struggling with this.

OK, 4 niggles; the chrome rings around the dials and vents. The vent rings reflect right where the door mirrors are and the rings around the dials can reflect onto the visor and roof-lining. Distracting, to say the least.

Aaarrgghh, 5 niggles; why do the rear seat backrests not fold and leave a flat load area? I’m gonna have to build a plinth so that the hound does not break his neck back there. At least the seats are easier to fold flat and then have the front seats pushed right back, even with the read head restraints still fitted. With the B1 the restraints had to be removed. Why is the rear parcel shelf never accommodated for with the rear seats folded? Ought there not to be a place where it can be kept in the vehicle?
Is that niggle 6…..or even 7?!

Right, s*d the niggles.

Appearance:
The Bravo 2 looks as good as the Bravo 1 IMO. (In all honesty, I'd say better, but I dont want to upset the apple cart. ) Italian styling hits the mark yet again, although I'd have liked to have seen a 3 door version.
I read somewhere that it has the look of a Masserati. All I will say is she looks great on the outside. I've yet to find anything to criticise, aesthetically.

The dash is well laid out, although the 'glass' reflects an image your fingers when holding the wheel at 10-to-2 in bright sunlight. Aargh, niggle 8.

Practicality:
The doors open wide, allowing a tall, portly(ish) part-crip like myself easy access, as does the slightly higher (than Bravo 1) seat and lower sill. Disembarking is also easier due to the aforementioned.
A dodgy knee problem is much better since getting the Bravo 2.

The driving position is better than the Bravo 1, although whoever thought that height-adjustable seats should also move forward when being raised needs a talking-to! Niggle 9?
The steering wheel is adjustable for height, as was Bravo 1, but also forwards and back.
Rear seat legroom is restricted with the front seats fully back, seemingly more-so than with the Bravo 1.

All controls, including audio, are within easy reach, although the volume button on the radio can be a little fiddly due to being slightly recessed. Tch, niggle 10.

The boot is BIG, rear seats up or down. It is easy to have the seats down without having to remove the head restraints, and this configuration does not compromise front seat room. In the Bravo 1 I had to remove the restraints. The boot lip is quite high, the dog will have his work cut out jumping over that!
Also, the 60/40 is a true 60/40 as there is no bar across as there was with the B1, and you can choose which side to fold.

I love all the 'extras' over my B1;
  • 3-flash lane change indicators
  • 3-speed intermittant wipers
  • trip computer
  • follow-me-home lights
  • Air con
  • Auto rear wiper when reverse gear engaged
No spare wheel, just a Fix&Go repair thingy?!?! I might buy a spare and jack.

Performance:
To quote Father Dougal Maguire: "Woowww!!"
In gears 1 to 3 at lower speeds the turbo kicks in nicely when pushed, projecting your head into the head restraint beautifully. Overtaking is a breeze. Gears 4 to 6, there's a 'gentle' application of power between 40 and 60 mph, although it is noticeable.

The steering is light, even on the standard setting. Theres a 'City' setting for manoeuvring at low speed, which seems unnecessary, given the lightness of the steering on standard setting.
The gear change feels a little clunky at first, something I've now got used to. You can almost 'feel' the gears fall into place, although this, apprently, is not true as the gear change is a cable system.
Still trying to come to terms with the extra gear, though!

I have not timed the 0-60 or attempted to ascertain the top speed. I’ll leave that to others.
I thought I did well with the fuel consumption on the 1.6 SX Bravo 1. I'm amazed at how frugal this baby can be if driven for economy. Tootling along the M42 last week the trip computer occasionally registered almost 70 mpg!

I have the Active variant, so no USB, Blue & Me, or steering wheel controls, but I don't give a tom-tit. If its for free, its for me! Apart from the £50-odd in tax per month its gonna cost me, that is.

CO emissions: 167, so RFL = £96.25 for 6 months.

Last edited:
Blimey! No wonder you were upset, losing all that typing! :p

Glad to hear you're pleased (mostly!) with the car There are always niggles, and it's much easier to be critical of something that you haven't spent your own hard-earned money on After a while though, you'll forgive them!

Upset, now there's an understatement. ;)

TBH, some of the above is from my post on another forum, although the original for here contained that information, re-worded. After I lost it I decided to copy/paste it from there.

Back