Uno Fiat Uno Turbo i.e., 1993, in Mexico

Currently reading:
Uno Fiat Uno Turbo i.e., 1993, in Mexico

Hi guys,
I live in Queretaro, Mexico and I just bought a 1993 Fiat Uno Turbo i.e. I don't think there is any other one in Mexico. It was not sold here back then, and this one was imported by a German, who bought it new in Germany, had it a few years there, and then imported it into mexico, went through a nightmare of paperwork and trials to make it legal and apparently enjoyed it for 20 years. In 1993 he sold it to a guy that had it for a year only and who in turn sold it to a friend of mine who had it for the past 9 years. I am therefore the 4th owner, and the car has 112,000 km.
I have a few doubts and I will be asking them in the appropiate forum.
I also have a 1957 1100 Industriale pickup, a cute restoration project.
Thanks,
Victor

Very nice to see a UT in Mexico! I am in Canada, so if you ever decide to part ways with it maybe i will go there and import it here if it isn't too costly. Importing them from Europe is a real pain, where i have my other one.. :D

Amazing to see that it has no rust whatsover? wow

Very nice to see a UT in Mexico! I am in Canada, so if you ever decide to part ways with it maybe i will go there and import it here if it isn't too costly. Importing them from Europe is a real pain, where i have my other one.. :D

Amazing to see that it has no rust whatsover? wow
Yeap! I got lucky... non rust whatsoever! Well... a couple of very tiny speckles starting to be visible, under the plastic moulding at the bottom on the right side, but I already have an appointment with the shop in a couple of weeks, where they will repair that. Also... I am giving the car a hand of paint. It still sports the original paint in very good condition, but the car has 7 or 8 dings or small bumps... all in the different areas, so I will have to go over all of it.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a source for parts in North America... the main parts I am looking for are an original Air cleaner unit and the rear cover for the trunk... mine has an adapted heavy wooden one with a set of speakers attached and I would love to get an original. If by any chance you would know of a source, I would appreciate hearing from you... thanks!

Victor

Last edited:
Back