Technical FIAT UNO START i.e Heater blower

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT UNO START i.e Heater blower

Bartman1958

Hi!

just joined the Forum. I have obtained a Fiat UNO Start i.e for my daughter. It's her first car and i have just had it serviced and all normal running issues are fine. In fact its a really nice car with superb bodywork and goes very well.

However, the heater blower and motor is faulty and to avoid expensive additional repairs I asked the mechanic not to repair it which he was grateful to oblige. How can I easily obtain the necessary parts and can I fix fit a new unit myself. I am quite handy and would dearly like to rectifiy this problem with winter ensuing.

Any ideas.

Andy

Are you sure its the motor thats faulty? and not the wiring, have a good look! they are easily removed as the whole centre console which houses the motor and heater matrix can be removed easily, 4, 10mm nuts that fix it to the bulkhead, and a few screws that attach it to the dash, and the trickiest bit is the matrix pipes (not if you have a 1/4 drive ratchet set) then you can test it and renew if nessesary, i have a spare just incase from the donor i broke, but they are rarely removed in scrap yards so you may be in luck, or look for one breaking on fleabay! have you a haynes manual? always helpful ! show us some pics! "Antsuno2"

Many thanx for the speedy reply. My mechanic says that he looked at the wiring which appeared to be a bit 'melted'. I have got a Haynes
manual and will now probably try to fix it. I will visit a local scrap yard in the first instance and try and get one but I may be interested in your spare once I have established exactly what is wrong.

Many thanx again.

Id check the condition of the wiring before fitting a new unit, see if you can wire it direct, see if it works, heres a pic of the part to be removed! Ant!

Attachments

• antsuno 174.jpg
    antsuno 174.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 74
Back