Technical Fiat Tipo 1.6 i.e engine power problems,

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Tipo 1.6 i.e engine power problems,

branko

Hi everyone,

After several months (well to be honest, almost a year) of trying to fix this problem, i have not find any solution so is there anyone out there with similar problem who knows right answers.

This is the problem:

Car starts normally, engine power is OK, untill i drive for 1-2 Km, After this car start to lose and regain power. This happens in any gear and at almost any rpm's (well, usualy over 2000 i say). It looks like this it is accelereting untill certian rpm then stops accelerating and start slowing down, and this all hapens with constat position of accelerator. If i press in this moment accelerator a litlle bit it continues to accelerate and it jerk me arround like that thru all gears. Sometimes it is hard to accelerate even in the first gear.

So car was checked in several fiat repair shops and showed no failures. I have changed fuel filter, spark plugs, sparks, air filter, cleaned and checked all connectors, checked all el. groundings.

Then i noticed that if i disconnect Lambda sensor, the car start to work normally, accelerate normally and have full power all the time. So i tried with diferent lambda sensor but the problem remained.

While driving with disconnected lamba sensor everything works fine, and it is not lambda sensor problem since i have change l. sensor.

Also i checked all air pipes and all gaskets for possible leaks.

Since the car is working normally without l. sensor and when it is cold i have removed from my list of possible problems: fuel pump, injector, throtle valve sensor, and problems with electrical connections.

Things that i suspects are engine coolant temperature sensor, cat. converter.

Any other sugestions and ideas please. I have this problem for almost a year now. I drive without lamda sensor in the meanwhile.

Cheers...

Have you tried.... dum dum DUM! The ECU... :eek:

If it works fine except when the lamda sensor gets hot then sounds like the ECU is mis-interpreting (sp?) the signal coming from the l. sensor. Best advise would be to possibly thieve the parts (and i mean pay for them) from a scrappy and see if you can sort it like that.

I have exactly the same problem. I have replaced the spark plugs, ht leads, coil pack, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, throttle body potentiometer, fuel filter, air filter, oil and oil filter. I have flushed the coolant and fuel systems.

Everything I do seems to solve the problem for a day or two then it's back again. It also has a slight over heating problem.

One thing i have noticed is the problem is worst when the fuel tank is low or when i'm using BP or Tesco petrol. Shell and Total seems to be better. It's probably nothing to do with that though.

If you get a new ecu let us know if it works. I'll keep you posted on what i do.

I'm going to replace the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets today.

My Fiat 1.6 drives me crazy with the same problem and I couldnt find any solution yet either. My garage keeps deleting the fault-messages of the electronics and the problem returns every now and then. A member of another German forum referes the source of the problem to the fuel tank- he said he had dirt or rust in his tank which confused the injection pump. I rather think its a matter of the electronic because my car makes blinking noises as well. I changed the relay, changed the hazard-warning signal flasher- no improvement. Please keep me updated- Im thankful for any hints!
Cheers
Andrea

Back