General Fiat Talento

Currently reading:
General Fiat Talento

What on earth are Fiat thinking of by taking on that abhorrent piece of Renault trash as their new mid size van ?
Surely, FCA have the wherewithal and engineering talent to develop their own platform in Europe / Turkey / Brazil / USA without foisting upon us that badge engineered,unreliable and none too durable French heap masquerading as a Fiat.

I'm surprised at your strong reaction. This is the latest incarnation of the Renault Trafic/Vauxhall Vivaro van, also marketed as a Nissan. Previous Nissan was the Primastar, new model appears to be NV400.
I have spent a lot of time in the just replaced Vivaro, and they drive well, are comfortable, and seem to put up with abuse quite well. I'd prefer them to a Transit any day, and although they do not seem as well built as the VW Transporter, they are less stressful to drive.
So I'd expect the new model to be at least as good, so will do no harm to Fiat.
And British built, in Luton.

Having been and had a quick look at this the fiat version will be built in France.

Will open up a new sector of van owners to fiat without the huge development costs involved with bringing something like this to market, from scratch

We use the Vauxhall and Renault versions at work. They are replacing a fleet of VW Transporters, Ford Transits and a couple of the last Vivaro.

Genuinely seem pretty nice. But a couple of the Renault ones have come with electrical/alar, gremlins and front bumpers that have a clip out and don't sit flush.

Hopefully Fiat's build will be better. But as a van platform, the new ones seem decent. I've not seen a recent Transit, Transporter, Sprinter etc to compare.

If only Vauxhall and Fiat could work on making the Combi and Doblo better. I hate them(n)

I have a taxi firm client with a fleet of six of the new Trafics and they have had endless issues with gearboxes failing, twin turbo engines losing turbos and no end of electrical gremlins let alone appalling fit and finish. These Renaults have pretty nearly ruined a good business.
That is where I have had my impression of them.

Back