Technical Fiat Supermirafiori 1983 1995cc Can anyone tell me the engine oil capacity for this model?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Supermirafiori 1983 1995cc Can anyone tell me the engine oil capacity for this model?

Fiat Supermirafiori 1983 1995cc Can anyone tell me the engine oil capacity for this model?
Hopefully someone else has more accurate information. This comes from a 1985 Technical Service Data Manual for the motor trade for the Fiat Argenta 1995cc. The last two photos are from a different manual which goes up to around 1982. Sorry this is all I have. Note there is differences in the capacities shown.

Attachments

• DSCF0766.JPG
    DSCF0766.JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0768.JPG
    DSCF0768.JPG
    458.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0770.JPG
    DSCF0770.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 46
For the sport/racing but, as you can tell, there’s very little difference in oil capacities across the lampredi engine range, due to the fact that it’s the stroke, rather than bore, that is the real difference in engine sizes…most of the capacity differences across the two litres fitment in Fiat/Lancia had to do with sump shape, heads and induction methods

Attachments

• 670AF3DE-7FB0-4290-A310-A98FFBE3858C.jpeg
    670AF3DE-7FB0-4290-A310-A98FFBE3858C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
I've dug out my old Haynes manual for the 131.
They state 4 litres, for all the 131 engines, both ohv and twin cam, including the filter. That seems to ring a bell, and is a good place to start. Add that much, let it settle, use the dipstick.

Haynes manual number is 310, if you can find one.

The Argenta, and I had one of those later, used a larger sump. I think in the 132, there were occasional issues with the sump hitting things, so for the Argenta, they made a wider flatter sump, like an inverted T. That needed more oil. The Argenta was also a pain, as the wide sump allowed the oil to all sit one side when parked on a sideways slope. It also had a dipstick with a level sensor, so if parked to the kerb on the left, on a steep camber, when started, the oil level light would flash. This would continue until next restart, however long. So drive a short distance, stop on the flat, stop engine. Count to ten, restart, continue. Disconnecting the wiring plug caused the light to flash every time, as did connecting the wires together, so I never did find a way to disable it.

I've dug out my old Haynes manual for the 131.
They state 4 litres, for all the 131 engines, both ohv and twin cam, including the filter. That seems to ring a bell, and is a good place to start. Add that much, let it settle, use the dipstick.

Haynes manual number is 310, if you can find one.

The Argenta, and I had one of those later, used a larger sump. I think in the 132, there were occasional issues with the sump hitting things, so for the Argenta, they made a wider flatter sump, like an inverted T. That needed more oil. The Argenta was also a pain, as the wide sump allowed the oil to all sit one side when parked on a sideways slope. It also had a dipstick with a level sensor, so if parked to the kerb on the left, on a steep camber, when started, the oil level light would flash. This would continue until next restart, however long. So drive a short distance, stop on the flat, stop engine. Count to ten, restart, continue. Disconnecting the wiring plug caused the light to flash every time, as did connecting the wires together, so I never did find a way to disable it.
Have same issue with the jeeps coolant expansion tank, bloody stupid place to put the level sensor!

Back