General Fiat Strada 1.9D 2004 Suddenly dies.

Currently reading:
General Fiat Strada 1.9D 2004 Suddenly dies.

Mackan

Hello I'm new to this forum and I was hoping you could help me. I'll try to describe my cars promblem as detailed as possible.

First of I have one glow plug which is dead I have bought new Bosch Glowplugs but I haven't replaced them yet.

I have 2 issues with my strada. One fault is leaking prechamber I have diesel fuel pressing up between the pre chamber and cylinder head. I have bought new copper washers to under the pre chambers but the pre chamber seem to be held in place with a special nut. Has anyone done this job?

I have already replaced the gasket/heat shield under the injectors.

Now to the second fault. My car can start just fine but sometimes it cuts out and dies and the red check engine light comes on. Often when at idle the RPMs will rise to around 1500and the red check engine light comes on and it dies. It will restart as if nothing has happen. But sometimes it can die light 5-6times in a row but as soon as I get going it works properly.

I can also feel it surging while I'm driving.

It always restarts. Sometimes it can run great for a whole day then suddenly it starts acting up again.

Hope you have some ideas!

Best Regards

/Markus

Sweden

Welcome at FiatForum.

Stalling happened on my 1,9JTD 2004 as well.( in the middle of an intersection, rush hour.... )-: )
Bad connector at one of the injectors, cut old connector off, put new one on, fine since.
Check connectors, if they are black at the terminals, they're bad, replace them.
Other possibility: cranckshaft sensor bad.

Last edited:
Welcome at FiatForum.

Stalling happened on my 1,9JTD 2004 as well.( in the middle of an intersection, rush hour.... )-: )
Bad connector at one of the injectors, cut old connector off, put new one on, fine since.
Check connectors, if they are black at the terminals, they're bad, replace them.
Other possibility: cranckshaft sensor bad.

Hello! Well mine is and older style diesel with no electric injectors so that is not the case :p

But the crank position sensor on the other hand sounds interesting. Many that's the culprit.

Hmm I had my codes cheked yesterday and I guess I need a new Fuel Pump :(

I had the following codes:

P0252
P1400
P0253
P0320

I guess 2 of them are pump related 252 and 253?
And 320 is the CS sensor?

And 1400 is EGR valve.

The shop cleard all of the and I'll have thm check again tomorrow for which that returns.

All of the where intermittent.

Remove/ delete the EGR, for a healthier engine.

Buy this scanner to check and erase faults yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MaxiSca...128704?hash=item20ea04ae00:g:0dMAAOSwEK9UCXO7

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hello I'm new to this forum and I was hoping you could help me. I'll try to describe my cars promblem as detailed as possible.

First of I have one glow plug which is dead I have bought new Bosch Glowplugs but I haven't replaced them yet.

I have 2 issues with my strada. One fault is leaking prechamber I have diesel fuel pressing up between the pre chamber and cylinder head. I have bought new copper washers to under the pre chambers but the pre chamber seem to be held in place with a special nut. Has anyone done this job?

I have already replaced the gasket/heat shield under the injectors.

Now to the second fault. My car can start just fine but sometimes it cuts out and dies and the red check engine light comes on. Often when at idle the RPMs will rise to around 1500and the red check engine light comes on and it dies. It will restart as if nothing has happen. But sometimes it can die light 5-6times in a row but as soon as I get going it works properly.

I can also feel it surging while I'm driving.

It always restarts. Sometimes it can run great for a whole day then suddenly it starts acting up again.

Hope you have some ideas!

Best Regards

/Markus

Sweden

Tja, har exakt samma problem..löste du det?? Mvh//Pontus

Tja, har exakt samma problem..löste du det?? Mvh//Pontus

Nääää, jag smällde med bilen så den vart skrot tyvärr, men jag kom så långt att jag listade ut att pumpen var felet och den ända lösningen.

Så en ny eller renoverad dieselpump för ca 10k löser problemet.

Mvh Markus

Back