General Fiat Stilo speaker cables polarity

Currently reading:
General Fiat Stilo speaker cables polarity

spkour

Hello. Can anyone help me with the speaker cables polarity, because i want to replace my speakers and i realise that they have many colors. Not just red and black. Thanks in advance!

The easiest way is fit the new ones, and make the connections the same for both cables, I use fully insulated blue bullet connectors. No harm comes of incorrect polarity only grounding. so reconnect, and select the fader or zone to one set of speakers and play something with a bass line. usre the balance to select one speaker and back to the centre, if your phasing or polarity is correct there will be noticeably more low frequency when set to centre and the base will tail off as you select a single speaker, it is very noticeable if it is wrong. Once happy mark the cables accordingly, a bit of tape for each one. This can be done for both front and rear, just do it in matched pairs and do it with the doors and windows shut to get the most noticeable difference with the low frequency spectrum. Clearly use of schematics, and test kit etc is great but this will work with no kit so a good place to start.

Back