General fiat stilo factory cd player

Currently reading:
General fiat stilo factory cd player

humper

hi my name is graham and im 17 i have just brought a 2002 fiat stilo 1.2 16v active it is my first car, but there is one thing wrong with it it has come with a built in tape player insted of a cd player. i have looked at other forum entries and looked at ebay for second hand ones but didt realy find much. i was thinking could i use a double din cd/dvd player and would it fit in the existing hole with out moderfication. i would like to hear back from any one in the know.
thanks graham aka humper

Ty this!

Hi, and welcome to the Stilo massive Graham, good choice on the 1.2, nice and cheap to run, cheap insurance and a cracking little engine.

In addition to a factory CD player, there's place's that do facia plates that adapt the aperture left by removing the tape player to accept either single din players, or there's a few that sell double din ones. Personally, I'd go for the Fiat CD player, it looks far better than an aftermarket headunit nestled in a lump of black plastic. Not sure if others would agree...

Of course it depends what you want to do, if you want Amps, subs and all that, then you need the pre-outs you get with an aftermarket headunit. You can also get a Fiat multichanger that goes with the tape player I believe...

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
thanks alot that is all a great help. i pick my new car up on monday so im looking forwards to it already. graham

Welcome to the Stilo ownership, I'm sure you be back to ask how do remove that damn factory radio!!!! :bang: Dont waste your money to buy those so-called radio remove tool on ebay, have a search here, they are free!!! see ya!!!

Back