General FIAT Spider in Florida

Currently reading:
General FIAT Spider in Florida

kronino

I'm interested in buying a FIAT Spider 124 year 1979. I live in Florida and it gets hot as the devil down here, and I don't want to purchase a car without an air conditioning system. Does anyone here know if it's possible to put in an AC system in the car? I'm dying to buy this car but I don't want to die of heat exhaustion at the same time, just yesterday was 102 degrees outside.

thanks for the help

Mike

AC is available for the 79, in fact the crankshaft pulley comes from the factory with the groove for the belt on the 2 liter.

It's not a very effective system, and does not lend itself very well to top down driving in very hot weather.

Sorry!

I'm interested in buying a FIAT Spider 124 year 1979. I live in Florida and it gets hot as the devil down here, and I don't want to purchase a car without an air conditioning system. Does anyone here know if it's possible to put in an AC system in the car? I'm dying to buy this car but I don't want to die of heat exhaustion at the same time, just yesterday was 102 degrees outside.

thanks for the help

Mike
I just got a 1978 without ac. But it has an ax pump installed. Will be following your thread for tips.

Back