General fiat sericento track car project

Currently reading:
General fiat sericento track car project

Be careful chopping wires, I've ended up chopping the hazard and brake switch cables out. No a big problem but just a heads up.

What cage have you gone for?

As for dashes, I've just chopped mine down abit, there not that heavy really.

Seicento dash is quite heavy, haven't got a clue what the cinq one is like so can't say for that one.

The spare one I removed from the black sei was heavier than the filled and repaired front bumper with foglights still attached.

I was quite suprised to say the least.

Thanks

X

i was thinking of a making my own dash for it, i am going for a sparco cage, also all the interior is still for sale with the abarth seat red checkered with the badge on, name a price as i dont know what there worth i need them gone asap as i dont want them kicking around work long if they dont go i will be scraping them, i got the head lining out with out braking it witch is a first for me as i had a golf i was going to race but it was roten and i broke in lol, i will not be at work tomorrow as i have to go to nottingham to pick a car up and have to leave at 7, so when i get back i might have a bit of time to have another play with the car, and with the wiring i am very good at all that stuff and i pritty much know what im doing but thanks for the warning, btw any ideas where i can get some plastic windows from.

You going to be leaving the 1.4 16v tubby engine (if you get one) standard or you thinking of spicing it up? Surely abit of head work and a full balance.

i am looking at the 1.4 16v turbo atm and im think i will do a bit of work on it just need to find one.

Interiors (by this i mean the seats) arent worth much theres loads about, youll be lucky to get £75 for it all, it tends to be cinq owners who want it rather than sei owners as its a bit more durable than the cinq interior, stick a classifieds ad up in classifieds section

As for the plastic windows - isnt there a plastics company who could knock some designs up?

Last edited:
Remember they are fly by wire and you will need to get a cable throttlebody, and make a mount plate for it to fit onto (y).

They are quite rare to come by, so I hope you come across a good one.

I might suggest moving the turbo down a bit lower on a custom manifold as it stick upwards which doesn't cause problems with the bonnet, just means removing some of the slam pannel.

Thanks

X

Good call on the Sparco Cage, have one in my Cinq and fits alot better than the OMP one.

Regarding the Polycarb windows, http://www.plastics4performance.com/, I know alot of rally folk who use them and you can specify whatever you want and I'm pretty sure they can make them for any car. Doubt you'll find any off the shelf items for a Seicento but am sure plastics4performance will be able to sort you out.

Thanks
Sion

sorry i have not updated in a long time i have been to busy with getting my business off the ground i have had no time for anything else i have had some money isuse too so for the while i will not be putting as much money in to the car for now, i did work at a garage where my track car is but with me started a business its hard to do that and my business too so i have stopped working at the garage so the income has gone down, but i am still able to go to the garage and work on my car as i like, im sorry i have not been posting pics but you know how it is, i am going up there now as ive had it up to my neck in paper work and i sick of it so im going to put the pen down and pick up a spanner, ohhhh how ive missed it :) so keep look at this and hopfully in the next few day i will have a lot more photo and i lot more work done to it.

oh and the seats, carpet, spoiler and i couple more bit have been sold i got £120 for the lot and still have the kick panels and all the plastic bit to sell, oh and the engine and gearbox.

Back