Technical fiat seicento citymatic ecu?????

Currently reading:
Technical fiat seicento citymatic ecu?????

lesley

i am having a real bad day!!! i have searched everywhere for a ecu for my fiat seicento citymatic 899cc w reg 2000 can anyone anywhere tell me where i can purchase one of these?

dave said:
welcome to the forum :)
what makes you think its the ECU at fault?
i have done almost everything with the car ie new actuator,the acs light is on and the car wont start at all,i have had it to my local fiat dealers and they said that the brain was dead?

hi there NumanR !!!!! been at work all night but when ive come home my hubby has been and ordered the ecu from a fiat dealership so ive got sorted,thanks so much for trying to sort me out,many thanks lesley (y)

dont make me feel awful!!! blame my other half!!! he didnt know that you had been in touch to say you maybe had an ecu,he thought he was doing me a favour,but he hasnt said if he was gonna pay the 215 pounds!!! fingers crossed,it has been a nightmare with the dam car being a semi-automatic,i have been told that the ecu in these cars cannot be reconditioned because of the technical wiring and circutry,so i didnt think that the price that fiat has given me was too bad really,hopefully this is gonna sort out my problems then i can get back out on the roads again it has been in the garage for seven bloody weeks!!!!!!!! :bang: thanks for your help (y) lesley

You do realise that if any part of the citymatic system is replaced that the car has to go to a dealer for calibrating or the system wont work.

yes the fiat garage owner who has got my car spoke to me yesterday,he turned and told me that he if he was to replace the ecu and actuator and tune the ecu into my car it would cost me 1200 :eek: i told him that the actuator had been purchase elsewhere and that i would be only wanting the ecu!!!!!!!!at the end of the day my little car isnt worth much more,but hopefully it will be fixed before long!!!

i'm suprised they didnt try and buy the car off you, i'm sure i read somewhere that fiat where trying to get all the citymatics back to have them destroyed?

if they would have offered a reasonable price they could have taken it off my hands,but no doubt they would have wanted the car for peanuts!!think i am gonna run it for a couple of months when i get it back then sell it on and let someone else have the burden,but they will be given all the paper work with it cause the actuator,clutch,ecu are all with a 12 month warranty.and me empty pockets (n)

"i'm suprised they didnt try and buy the car off you, i'm sure i read somewhere that fiat where trying to get all the citymatics back to have them destroyed?"

Not true, cars have been converted to a manual clutch, no cars have been destroyed.

yes but i have also read that when you have converted from the semi-automatic into a mannal you might have problems with the insurance? because of the modification??? when i put this to a fiat dealer he told me that if you declare it to dvla there shouldnt be any problems really,but i have read somewhere that it causes a few headaches :bang: if i was to convert to a manual what would the cost be?

Its not a problem, dvla have to be informed, the conversion is fairly easy and even includes removing the citymatic badge from the boot. I have converted three to manual clutch control, it depends if you use new or used parts for the conversion as to price and obviously the labour costs.

you clever bugger!!!! if i was to use used parts can you give me around about cost,or what did it cost you to do a conversion,(if thats not too cheeky) :p

now i am at my wits end with this dam car:mad: i have got the ecu in it last week i bought an actuator from bba-reman and now the fiat dealers are telling me that the actuator isnt the right one for my car:cry: they have told me that they will fit me a new actuator but they will charge me 500 pounds!!! i have told them that i want the car back and i will contact bba reman and ask them to have a look at the actuator as it comes with a 2 year warranty,i used to love my little black car now i am starting to hate it big time,causing me a lot of heartache:cry:

Back