Technical fiat scudo will not start crankover

Currently reading:
Technical fiat scudo will not start crankover

darrylk

Hi All,

I have a fiat scudo 2009 2.0lt diesel 6sp manual i live in Australia and not too many people where i live know anything about fiat vans, the van will not crank over.
let me start from the beginning so i can give you a idea of what has happened.

1. driving along battery light comes on lights dim wipers slow got home before battery died thinking alternator issue, disconnected battery, recharge battery, started van, battery light on tested voltage, low voltage, confirmed alternator issue, turned off went to start again no luck all dash lights come on as normal go to start position but will not crank.

2. checked starter motor, turned ignition on jumped the starter motor with a piece of wire cranked over and started, starter motor is all ok had it checked.

3.removed battery, removed alternator and replaced put all back together tried to start same issue no crank, so jumped starter motor, started fine took the van for a drive, alternator fixed battery light off and charging correctly and drives fine

so i am trying to figure out what the issue might be with this no crank any help would be much appreciated

Hi

As youve tested BOTH starters..AND they both crank the motor

I suspect you have an issue with the circuit to the solenoid.. so not triggering the starter in a 'key controlled' way

I could have doubted the ignition barrel..

But having that charging issue before makes me think its basic wiring

So after some thought processes and advise from varesecrazy , i started looking at the wires followed them back to the main control box, opened the box followed them inside to see where they go, they go into a plug and a 25amp fuse next to it, pulled the fuse BLOWN, replaced fuse and hey presto the van starts every time what do you know a 50cent part could give you so much trouble.:slayer::):D

So after some thought processes and advise from varesecrazy , i started looking at the wires followed them back to the main control box, opened the box followed them inside to see where they go, they go into a plug and a 25amp fuse next to it, pulled the fuse BLOWN, replaced fuse and hey presto the van starts every time what do you know a 50cent part could give you so much trouble.:slayer::):D

Be glad it was a comventional blade fuse :)

Bigger ones are not easy to replace.. :(
This 50Amp supplied my glowplugs..

Had to get inventive as my town had no stock of these fuses..
So household fusewire to the rescue :)

Attachments

• 20191029_130827.jpg
    20191029_130827.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
Hi All,

I have a fiat scudo 2009 2.0lt diesel 6sp manual i live in Australia and not too many people where i live know anything about fiat vans, the van will not crank over.
let me start from the beginning so i can give you a idea of what has happened.

1. driving along battery light comes on lights dim wipers slow got home before battery died thinking alternator issue, disconnected battery, recharge battery, started van, battery light on tested voltage, low voltage, confirmed alternator issue, turned off went to start again no luck all dash lights come on as normal go to start position but will not crank.

2. checked starter motor, turned ignition on jumped the starter motor with a piece of wire cranked over and started, starter motor is all ok had it checked.

3.removed battery, removed alternator and replaced put all back together tried to start same issue no crank, so jumped starter motor, started fine took the van for a drive, alternator fixed battery light off and charging correctly and drives fine

so i am trying to figure out what the issue might be with this no crank any help would be much appreciated
just bought a new starter motor for mine .

still wouldn't go

put a cable from negative battery to gear box.

wow shes flying now , its sorted some other minor issues i had with indicators and relays

moral of the story is just put on an extra earth strap fully secured not jump leads like i first did. eliminate the bad earths on these vans . check fuses before going any further.

Back