General Fiat Regata

Currently reading:
General Fiat Regata

danielsydney

Does anyone know how many litres the Fiat Regata sedan holds? My old fuel gauge only kind of works when the tank is full. When it gets to about half the old needle sways around like anything and the light comes on & sways about.

Another issue I have is my speedo gauge is totally not working. The needle wont move off 20km/hr.
Any ideas? Doesnt help me when in Sydney there are speed cameras everywhere....:bang:

55 litres.

The speedo I am not really sure about. The RHD models are not cable driven but rather are electronic and they have some sort of sender unit mounted on the transmission. I've got a Haynes manual somewhere I will have to look to see if it has anything about it.

Troy.

Ok, the Haynes manual doesn't say a hell of a lot, but it does include a wiring diagram of sorts. So it looks like maybe a problem with the impulse unit on the gearbox, a problem with the speedo or some sort of wiring problem. I would probably check that the wiring was ok first.

Troy.

Attachments

• RegataSpeedo1.jpg
    RegataSpeedo1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 106
  • RegataSpeedo2.jpg
    RegataSpeedo2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Troy thanks. Im getting a Haynes manual on order just waiting for it to turn up? Do you think this is a job a total amateur could have a go at? Are you the only other Australian Fiat fan on this forum or are there others?
Where are the Aussie Fiat forums etc? I should get your email address I think?

Me, I am not a mechanic, I am just an amateur like you. I just have the advantage of having a dad who use to work on Fiat's. Some basic diagnosis should be possible at least to see if the wiring on impulse unit is ok, and if there is some sort of signal from the unit. A test light is useful is these sorts of situations.

There was a guy Steve who used to post here under the username FiatFactory who has a lot of experience working with Fiat's but he hasn't posted here for a while now. Otherwise there is an Australian forum

http://turbo124.com/forum/

The guys on there are quite knowledgeable.

Troy.

Troy do you know anything also about the Fuel tank and if it has one of things that cuts off the fuel when it is near full. I tried filling up this morning and it wasnt quite empty. When I put the fuel hose into the hole in the tank. The hose keeps continually cutting out. It is taking me over 15 minutes to fill the car up and this morning the tank was overfilled slightly? Any ideas?

Troy do you know anything also about the Fuel tank and if it has one of things that cuts off the fuel when it is near full. I tried filling up this morning and it wasnt quite empty. When I put the fuel hose into the hole in the tank. The hose keeps continually cutting out. It is taking me over 15 minutes to fill the car up and this morning the tank was overfilled slightly? Any ideas?

There's no cut out that I know of, it should be in bowser nozzle. Perhaps it is the bowser. I don't recall my dad having any problems filling the Regata, but I did occasionally have a similar problem as you with the Superbrava. It would depend on which petrol station I will filling at. You could try filling slower or repositioning the bowser nozzle in the filler. For example change the angle of the filler (like turning it 45-90 degrees) or don't put it completely into the filler.

Troy.

That's right; if its shoved in too much it will just keep clicking - try taking it out a little.

Thanks guys yeah I have put the same question on Aussiefrogs.com and got basically the same replies. Ill take it out a bit see next time what happens....

Back