Technical FIAT QUBO Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT QUBO Wiring

sandrocks

Hi There. I'm wanting to fit reversing sensors to my 2009 Qubo. Can anyone advise which of the six wires that plugs into the light cluster is the reversing wire? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Sandrocks,
Have you found the answer to your question yet?

It might be worth asking your dealer - mine has been very helpful with snippets of wiring information. Failing that I'll have a look at the weekend.

Cheers,

Lee

Hi Sandrocks,

I did some measurements this afternoon and it may not be as simple as it first appears...

I did my measurements on the right hand cluster (looking at the rear of the car). The connector has the following wires (Main colour/Stripe colour):

Blue/Black -> Indicator
Green/Yellow -> Brake
Grey/Green -> REVERSING
Black/Black -> Ground/Common/0V
Yellow/Black -> Fog
Brown/Black -> Running Light

The problem is this - with the ignition on, the car checks for blown filaments (cold proving) by doing a current measurement several times a second. This takes the form of a short voltage pulse which is not enough for the filament of the bulb to light up but might be enough to power up the sensor.....

I'm not sure what will happen when you attach your reversing sensors to the reversing light - the voltage pulse might upset the sensor. On the other hand, what effect will attaching the sensor to the reversing light have? Might be worth checking the installation instructions.

I happened to have the right hand side boot trim off while I was doing the measurements (I have fitted a ham radio transceiver to the car and needed to route the antenna and remote head cables into the boot). Hidden behind the right hand trim are two connectors that might be of use. One looks like it has CAN bus signals and the other I'm not sure about. I'll go and ask my dealer....

I hope this info is of use - I have photos if you want them, and the boot trim is quite easy to remove once you've got the rear speaker cover off (The hardest part of the whole thing!)

Cheers,

Lee

I doubt reverese light is on the 'lights-check' circuit as its not a legal requirement.

I'll have another look at the connector tomorrow - I thought the pulsing was on all the lamps. My 6 year old son was climbing all over the disassembled rear of the car at the time...

Cheers,

Lee

I fitted some using Lee's instructions above and it works fine - 4 flush-mounted sensors in the rear bumper. Took no time at all one I knew which wires were which

I fitted some using Lee's instructions above and it works fine - 4 flush-mounted sensors in the rear bumper. Took no time at all one I knew which wires were which

Glad to have been of assistance.
I will be doing my towbar wiring soon, anyone got any experience of getting a decent positive feed to the boot?
Cheers,
Lee
09 Qubo Dynamic in Disco Green

Thanks for that Sandrocks. Did you use a wireless system or wired? If wired, where did you thread the cable through to the front, and where did you fix the display?

Sorry for delayed response! I didn't need any wiring through to the front - I put the audible alarm unit in the side bulkhead above the wheel arches. It's loud enough you don't need it in the front. All wires hidden either in bulkheads referred to. in the bumper itself or behind the rear light clusters. There's just about enough room for a completely discreet installation.

Glad to have been of assistance.
I will be doing my towbar wiring soon, anyone got any experience of getting a decent positive feed to the boot?
Cheers,
Lee
09 Qubo Dynamic in Disco Green

Hiya did you manage to get your towbar fitted yet..

I've goit mine ready to fit and have been rummaging around the car for a few location pointers.

I have a bypass relay ready to fit as well as some 30 amp 12v cable.

From my initial investigations it looks like the Wiring for the N/S UK Rear lighting cluster comes in via the RH Loom and across the rear member .

I am trying to sort the best route for the 12v cable and intend going direct off the battery via a 15A inline fuse anyone managed to feed a cable through yet..

Would also be interested in seeing if the RH Investigation hatch used in the other post would be useful for any of the wiring out.

Also when fitting the towbar did you have to drop the under tank fuel pump to be able to get in and drill...??

Hope this all makes sense and await any help with anticipation

Mike 09 Dynamic Blood Orange :D

Hi Sandrocks,

I did some measurements this afternoon and it may not be as simple as it first appears...

I did my measurements on the right hand cluster (looking at the rear of the car). The connector has the following wires (Main colour/Stripe colour):

Blue/Black -> Indicator
Green/Yellow -> Brake
Grey/Green -> REVERSING
Black/Black -> Ground/Common/0V
Yellow/Black -> Fog
Brown/Black -> Running Light

The problem is this - with the ignition on, the car checks for blown filaments (cold proving) by doing a current measurement several times a second. This takes the form of a short voltage pulse which is not enough for the filament of the bulb to light up but might be enough to power up the sensor.....

I'm not sure what will happen when you attach your reversing sensors to the reversing light - the voltage pulse might upset the sensor. On the other hand, what effect will attaching the sensor to the reversing light have? Might be worth checking the installation instructions.

I happened to have the right hand side boot trim off while I was doing the measurements (I have fitted a ham radio transceiver to the car and needed to route the antenna and remote head cables into the boot). Hidden behind the right hand trim are two connectors that might be of use. One looks like it has CAN bus signals and the other I'm not sure about. I'll go and ask my dealer....

I hope this info is of use - I have photos if you want them, and the boot trim is quite easy to remove once you've got the rear speaker cover off (The hardest part of the whole thing!)

Cheers,

Lee
After much consternation I found that this connection diagram is wrong ..

The running light and fog lights are wrong way round , but don't take my word for it check for yourself at the rear cluster.

Sorry for delayed response! I didn't need any wiring through to the front - I put the audible alarm unit in the side bulkhead above the wheel arches. It's loud enough you don't need it in the front. All wires hidden either in bulkheads referred to. in the bumper itself or behind the rear light clusters. There's just about enough room for a completely discreet installation.

Did you fit a bypass relay, because you would've needed a 12v battery supply. Fiat in their wisdom omit this , even though there is a fuse available for it under the bonnet.

Back