Technical Fiat qubo 1.3 diesel

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat qubo 1.3 diesel

Hi
I just bought a 2011 qubo 1.3 dualogic with 107000 miles. In vgc overall but first things I notice are:
Diesel engine fumes inside car mostly when turning or manouvering car.
Glow plug warning light flashing on cold engine start but always starts first go
Slight juddering moving off in 1st gear.

Hi
I just bought a 2011 qubo 1.3 dualogic with 107000 miles. In vgc overall but first things I notice are:
Diesel engine fumes inside car mostly when turning or manouvering car.
Glow plug warning light flashing on cold engine start but always starts first go
Slight juddering moving off in 1st gear.
Can you take the plastic cover off the top of engine, check for any loose or split breather hoses, also on earlier 1.3 diesels they only used one clamp to hold two injectors and the seals used to go giving smells and a spitting noise, but should also be obvious by black oily marks around one or more injectors.

I had leaky injector seal and it smelled bad in the car. Does the engine make a chuffing/chugging noise like a steam train? lifting the engine cover off there may also be carbon build up around the injectors which is a tell tale sign.
If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and spending a few hours working the injectors loose, you can do the job very cheap. the copper washers that are the injector seals are about a tenner.

Back