Technical Fiat Punto MK2B 1.4 16V Sporting, which engines are interchangeable?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto MK2B 1.4 16V Sporting, which engines are interchangeable?

GLC

My 2005 Fiat Punto MK2B 1.4 16V Sporting has mechanical problem's. An at this point, I'm thinking getting a secondhand engine might be the cheapest way to go. As the garage bill could end up being rather expensive, if I have to go down the rebuild route.

So can anybody tell me if the Stilo, Idea or Grande Punto etc use the same 1.4 16V engine? As finding another Sporting for breaking is proving difficult!

An is there any parts which I'll need to swap over prior to fitting etc?

Cheers.

I have a Punto 1.4 16V in my Uno if you need it for your car. I'm thinking of going a different direction with that project.

£150 + fuel and cake delivery. :)

Reactions: GLC
I have a Punto 1.4 16V in my Uno if you need it for your car. I'm thinking of going a different direction with that project.

£150 + fuel and cake delivery. :)

Thank's for that. :)

I'll definitely keep your offer in mind, I'm just waiting to get it transported to a garage first for a second opinion. Which might be another month or so.

I'll update on here how I get on. If they confirm the worst. How much notice would you need?

Thank's for that. :)

I'll definitely keep your offer in mind, I'm just waiting to get it transported to a garage first for a second opinion. Which might be another month or so.

I'll update on here how I get on. If they confirm the worst. How much notice would you need?

Depending on the Covid19 situation and work a couple of days. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: GLC
Small update, Punto still broke.:(

Original engine was shot, so was going to take up Liquid Knight II kind offer.

Then by chance I'd found locally a 48k engine, so the car is now currently awaiting it's turn at a garage to perform the swap.

Hopefully when it's done, there no more smoking etc! :)

Back