Technical Fiat Punto Mk1 Speed sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Mk1 Speed sensor

SvetS

Hello!
Since I am new to the car, can someone tell me how the speed sensor works and how to connect one from GT version?
What the cable colors stand for? " + " " - " and signal?
IMG_20220108_114841.jpg

Well... First I have some ideas ( You know young idiot with ideas...😂) And I talked with one man and he showed me how he did it. The speed sensor has "+", "-" and a signal that goes to the speedo. He tied it up directly to the speedo and works fine... And there is me with mine that don't work... I did some research and found what color stands for +, - and signal. And still doesn't work

Have you checked that black plastic worm drive isnt snapped, they have a habit of breaking.. Failing that i still don't understand why use a GT one, if its broken it'd be far simpler and not expensive yo replace the sensor like for like. Sounds very much like your overcomplicating things for no reason.

Have you checked that black plastic worm drive isnt snapped, they have a habit of breaking.. Failing that i still don't understand why use a GT one, if its broken it'd be far simpler and not expensive yo replace the sensor like for like. Sounds very much like your overcomplicating things for no reason.
Got to see the worm and man THIS sensor is hard to find... At least in my country...😥😥😢

well a quick google for a gt speed sensor brings up a sensor that looks very similar.. its only 3 wires so tha should be easy to test with a multimeter, one will be switched 12v with the ignition, one will have continuity with ground, the other is the signal. Or look on the wiring diagrams for colours.

Seems mad you can get a GT sensor and not stock one but does look like it might work. But do check the black plastic worm drive before oyu do anything as thats not part of the sensor and your sensor could be totally fine. Just unscrew the sensor from the top and the worm drive slips out. Theres a little o-ring that sits in a groove and they have a habit of snapping in that groove, i've changed loads of them over the years - have on to change now on my to-do list as it happens

well a quick google for a gt speed sensor brings up a sensor that looks very similar.. its only 3 wires so tha should be easy to test with a multimeter, one will be switched 12v with the ignition, one will have continuity with ground, the other is the signal. Or look on the wiring diagrams for colours.

Seems mad you can get a GT sensor and not stock one but does look like it might work. But do check the black plastic worm drive before oyu do anything as thats not part of the sensor and your sensor could be totally fine. Just unscrew the sensor from the top and the worm drive slips out. Theres a little o-ring that sits in a groove and they have a habit of snapping in that groove, i've changed loads of them over the years - have on to change now on my to-do list as it happens
Wondering if the gt sensor would give a difference in mph on the speedo , or would it just be down to the worm gear ?

Wondering if the gt sensor would give a difference in mph on the speedo , or would it just be down to the worm gear ?
Well the sensor is one for 1.2,1.6, 1.7td and gt... The thing that reads the speed is the electrical board on the back of the speed gauge

The gt one is green as the other are blue, and gt ones are usually triple the price 🤣
Green??? The ones I find are black?!?!!? And the price is because it is from GT... No matter there are no differences😂

Back