Fiat Punto MK1 Rear Tail Light

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto MK1 Rear Tail Light

Fiat_Shaw

Basically ive got a replacement rear tail light from the scrap coz my current one has a hole in it :(

How do i take the current rear tail light off and put the new one on?
cheers guys!

There are 2 retaining nuts, you should be able to see the threads on the new light unit you have. The top one is behind the round plastic cover by the rear window opener and the bottom I think is behind the boot side trim (should be easy to find). Undo these nuts and release the wiring multi plug and the lamp unit should be free to pull away from the vehicle.

plug it in first and check your bulbs are all working before refitting Ant!

great advice!

as for the nut size, check your spare wheel toolkit - that black plastic "tube" is a wrench specially designed to get the nuts from the light.

use the provided screwdriver to (carefully) prise away the cover cap for the top nut, and delve into the boot area (cut away in carpet prepared) for the bottom one.

just be careful not to drop a nut into the recess - its a b*gger to fish out!

Hi, I havent really had time to change the light yet but just looking at the replacement light fitting there are a few coloured wires that look like they may need to be stripped and soldered on..is this the case? :idea:

its been awhile since my punto was out and about, but from memory, the tail lights are screwed in place (as above posts) to affix them onto the body. then, the wiring is fitted via a firm plastic plug / socket arrangement. this should unplug (pull by plastic and not by wire!) enabling you to then refit onto the replacement light unit.

as a suggestion, if the replacement unit has come from a scrappy maybe the wires have been cut instead of unplugged - so you will need to unplug and dispose of the duff terminal plug?????

just be careful not to drop a nut into the recess - its a b*gger to fish out!

Sorry to dig up a old thread, but I really drop the nut into the recess! How do I get it out!! Any advice?

Back