fiat punto mk1 gear knob removal

Currently reading:
fiat punto mk1 gear knob removal

puntomadboy

Banned
hi could someone tell me how to remove a standard gear knob from a 1997 fiat punto s 60... i picked up a cool looking new one today but i need to know how to remove the old one....

thanks

Hi...again :p lol

There isn't a way of getting it off in one bit..you have to kill it :dead:

If you ever did, for some strange reason want a standard one again then you could always replace the whole gearstick...but doubt you would want to :confused: :)

OP
OP
P

puntomadboy

Banned
Hi...again :p lol

There isn't a way of getting it off in one bit..you have to kill it :dead:

If you ever did, for some strange reason want a standard one again then you could always replace the whole gearstick...but doubt you would want to :confused: :)

hi.(y)

i was just more worried that if i cut it of, then i go to put the other one on and it does not fit i am stuck without a gear knob...:cry: (i just hope the one i have fits)

What make is it? Any pics?

And does it have some grub screws round the bottom..should be 3 of them.

If so and as long as it doesn't have a lift reverse..there should be no worries at all (y)

the gearknob just pulls off, no need for any cutting of anything.

Boo...you lost the plot?? :p :D

Mine was stuck fast and moulded onto the metal stick.

Maybe you just have better hand action than me lol....more practice with pulling on knobs ;) :eek: :p :D

OP
OP
P

puntomadboy

Banned
^^^^^ LOL

i just checked and it is a universal one and it does have grub screws (4) ...
thanks for saying, i will post some pics (hopefully today) as soon as i get it on for....
P.S got some clear side repeaters too but i am fine putting them on... (will post some pics of them too.....) (y)

Boo...you lost the plot?? :p :D

Mine was stuck fast and moulded onto the metal stick.

Maybe you just have better hand action than me lol....more practice with pulling on knobs ;) :eek: :p :D

If it's anything like my Brava one, it was stuck fast and needed a rather large wrench to remove it :)

Did I manage to say that without an innuendo-laden post? If so, it will be the first time I have managed such a thing on this topic ;)