Technical fiat punto heater problems

Currently reading:
Technical fiat punto heater problems

Dombo

OK I have a similar problem to other people with this vehicle
ie heating problem
My heater has suddenly stopped but unlike the other problems and fixes and read about the 3rd dail on my instrument display(the one for windscreen or floor etc)is very stiff and reluctant to turn

Any help/advice would be truly grateful

Hi!,
I am too, struggling to figure out the extremely Italian electrics around the fan and surrounding climate controls. From what I’ve read, it may be worth taking a look at the backside of the fan/temp/blower orientation controls (the ones underneath the radio). From what I’ve read, the blower fan can have multiple reasons for failing, including resistors, fuse(?), leaf/debris in the fan, and most importantly in your case, a bad connection with the fan controls on that whole unit. It’d be worth popping that unit out to check that everything is connected to what it should be connected to. At best, you may find the fan issue to be originating from that unit, at worst, you’ll be able to figure out what is making the direction controls tough to turn (and hopefully fix them). Either way, you’ll end up with some sort of answer to your issue. If there’s anything else, I can offer my limited mechanical insight to help.
Good luck!
Ian

Back