General Fiat punto grande wont start, not even trying to start, please help, its wrecking my brain

Currently reading:
General Fiat punto grande wont start, not even trying to start, please help, its wrecking my brain

New to fiat

Hi all, I have a fiat punto grande 2007 semi auto with the selespeed box. Car was fine, I started it up and it felt like it was trying to pull forward in neutral. It then stalled and now will not even attempt to start. I have had the starter motor out, that works fine. One code found on the expensive reader, p1742. It stays in neutral with ignition on and won't allow me to put it in any gear. When I open the door I can hear the motor running for the selespeed pump. I did put about 200ml of ordinary transmission oil into the selespeed before this issue but car was driving fine for a while after that. I have ordered new selespeed tutela cs fluid. Could me putting a bit of wrong oil in there cause issues with the hydrolic gear pressure and maybe that's my issue? Battery has either a parasitic drain or its just not holding a charge so its now on charge and I'll check the drain tommorow. Thanks for any help it is truly appreciated.

Back