General Fiat punto evo 2010 subframe corroded

Currently reading:
General Fiat punto evo 2010 subframe corroded

Murphhhyyy

recently had a new alternator fitted and while in the garage the mechanic advised me that the subframe was heavily corroded and needed replacing ASAP as it was on the verge of snapping. While in the garage he said that there was similar problem with Vauxhall’s and that Vauxhall would cover the cost as it was under some sort of warranty for this problem. So I was wondering do Fiat do something similar for the type of problem?

Usual subframe problem for corrosion is :

Unrestricted water in
Restricted water out

Scuttle drains.. mud build.up

The old Tipo and Coupe had a reputation for rotted subfames.. my tipo certainly held water..

And early galvanisation may not have helped
'Sacrificial anodes..'

Only car in which the wheels corroded so badly they caused flat tyres (n)

Usual subframe problem for corrosion is :

Unrestricted water in
Restricted water out

Scuttle drains.. mud build.up

The old Tipo and Coupe had a reputation for rotted subfames.. my tipo certainly held water..

And early galvanisation may not have helped
'Sacrificial anodes..'

Only car in which the wheels corroded so badly they caused flat tyres (n)
I’m gonna guess this may be the usual new member 1 post never comes back to follow up or reply to what people have said or asked

But still a useful tip of something else to check when doing periodic inspection etc
For info, Alternator is deep down back of LH side of engine, as seen from the front
(or behind right hand front wheel if inspecting from underneath).

I usually have a good look round twice a year (inspect, derust, 'waxoil' etc) especially prior to MOT
I've probably tried all the anti-rust / preventative sprays etc available on my various cars
Currently using XCP Green and XCP Professional

Back