General Fiat punto Cabrio hood problems

Currently reading:
General Fiat punto Cabrio hood problems

em_cabrio

Hi all, having trouble with my Mreg punto cabrio. The roof was working, until today :( it doesnt fold back! Could this be that it needs a new relay? the previous owner had to put a new relay in before i got it as the hood stopped working, would it need another one after 7 mths? or could it be something else? Please help.

Regards
Emma.

If you don't have the tools to do electric diagnosis (plenty of screwdrivers, multimeter, wiring diagrams) then your best bet of finding the cause is..
1. Check fuse - could be simple as that.
2. Check for loose connectors on switches/motors.

After that you will probably find your time better spent having an auto electrician find the problem.

Hello
I guess i have the same problem with my cabrio.

The roof engine works when i press up button, when i press down i hear a click but nothing happends. I think it might be the realy. Can you tell me where this relay is located so i can replace it ?

Kind Regards,
Alex - Romania

It seems to be a while ago...but for the sake of everyone's interests, the relay is located inside the boot, at the right hand side, where it is accessible by opening the lid. One general tip about convertibles is that you MUST operate the hood while the car is on a completely FLAT road, and never try to give it a hand if you fell that it is travelling too slow.

Back