General Fiat Panda post 1993 clutch cable

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda post 1993 clutch cable

The AA (and probably other car breakdown organisations), carry a kit for making clutch cables. They only do the inner cable, so your existing outer cable would have to be reusable.

There's also several repair kits on eBay here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/clutch-cable-kit/bn_7024872123

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The AA (and probably other car breakdown organisations), carry a kit for making clutch cables. They only do the inner cable, so your existing outer cable would have to be reusable.

There's also several repair kits on eBay here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/clutch-cable-kit/bn_7024872123
Thanks Darren. My existing cable is not reusable. The issue is the hole at the end. The models from mid 1993 have a larger hole at the end. See photo. The part codes are shown on photo and I’ve added a photo of the cable itself with the larger hole.

Attachments

• 7188BE36-FE06-4191-BC8D-17871F7F4C65.jpeg
    7188BE36-FE06-4191-BC8D-17871F7F4C65.jpeg
    667.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 69425C83-ACA9-4206-B258-06FF5F9516F0.jpeg
    69425C83-ACA9-4206-B258-06FF5F9516F0.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 43
  • CEBC6227-96BA-48D4-96F4-F0E0716FD944.jpeg
    CEBC6227-96BA-48D4-96F4-F0E0716FD944.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 44
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Shop4parts... call them on Monday

Failing that..Do the Polish and German sites sell it?
Thanks @varesecrazy I’ll try them too, but I’ve crawled all over the online sites with no luck. The RHD cable is different to LHD. Apparently due to the servo location there was a window of time between mid 93 and when they stopped selling the series 2 Panda in the UK when the cable end is different (larger) and there are apparently none of these later cables available to buy. You can get the earlier ones I have 2. It’s a bit of a disaster really as the car is in great condition otherwise.

We had an 1986 1000cl and a cable lasted 2 years repeatedly..
wasnt bad to change.. but had a tortuous route .. thanks to RHD

I seem to recall all of my similar age Uno were all hydraulic.. obviously a better solution :cool:

So.. what is the Bigger Eye for..? ( can you swap the mating rod to make 'a pair'?)

There will be companies.. like Venhill.. who can build you a cable.. but of course that has a price.

Shop4parts use the Italian aftermarket.. so are the obvious 1st port of call for OLD standard parts...

As you say..its the RHD element that the problem

No Lancia.. or similar crossover with that Part Number ? (I know Davren is good on that...)

Do let us know how it goes (y)

We had an 1986 1000cl and a cable lasted 2 years repeatedly..
wasnt bad to change.. but had a tortuous route .. thanks to RHD

I seem to recall all of my similar age Uno were all hydraulic.. obviously a better solution :cool:

So.. what is the Bigger Eye for..? ( can you swap the mating rod to make 'a pair'?)

There will be companies.. like Venhill.. who can build you a cable.. but of course that has a price.

Shop4parts use the Italian aftermarket.. so are the obvious 1st port of call for OLD standard parts...

As you say..its the RHD element that the problem

No Lancia.. or similar crossover with that Part Number ? (I know Davren is good on that...)

Do let us know how it goes (y)
Thanks I’ll keep you posted. First time I’ve hit this type of supply problem with my 127, Panda and Uno. I’ve been lucky so far using places like FIRAT ricambi in Italy. Worrying.

Guess you have it sorted by now but if not Autodoc show a couple of this part number in stock.
Thanks @andyjw0114 I’ll give this a shot. The last place in Belgium that I tried showing “in stock” came back after purchase and said it was an error.

Otherwise I’m going to use the donor car I just laid my hands on.

That's a bugger ...a few years ago I had to get one from oscaro in France they wouldn't post to UK and that was pre Brexit, have checked & they haven't any... anything RHD ...wiper drive, lights, cables can be difficult to source. There is this place which says they're available but am afraid it might be same story.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104-213115.png
    Screenshot_20230104-213115.png
    617.5 KB · Views: 21
That's a bugger ...a few years ago I had to get one from oscaro in France they wouldn't post to UK and that was pre Brexit, have checked & they haven't any... anything RHD ...wiper drive, lights, cables can be difficult to source. There is this place which says they're available but am afraid it might be same story.

Back