Technical Fiat Panda Cross faulty door locks

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda Cross faulty door locks

mogsy1

I know there have been other posts about doors not opening from the outside in very cold weather but I would like to hear some thoughts on the following.

Recently the front doors on my new Panda Cross 4x4 (8 months old) would not open from the outside only the inside. The problem was with the front doors originally but the migrated to the back drivers door. The problem only happened if the temperatures were minus overnight. I contacted Fiat and they suggested I took it to my local dealer, the problem with that was that by the time I got to the dealer the car was warm and the fault had disappeared.

When the fault did happed the internal door handles remained in the locked position and the doors could only be opened from the inside. I managed to get it to the local dealer this week (Stoneacre in Liverpool) and they got in touch with Fiat Technical as they had never seen this fault before. Fiat Technical have advised them to order new door locks for 3 doors, which will take a couple of week.

Has anyone had the problem with a new Fiat before...it seems very unlikely that new locks will solve this problem unless Fiat have been shipping cars with faults locks.

Any thoughts would her appreciated.

Back