General Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet DPF

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet DPF

FRITZL

Hello!

I have ordered a new Fiat Panda 1.3 Multijet with DPF.
Hopefully I will get my new car on 02.04.07.

Is someone in this Forum, who has experiences on this type of car?
What's about the fuel consummation or any problems on the car?

Did Fiat make some improvements on the car since the Euro NCAP crash test 2004?

FRITZL

Did Fiat make some improvements on the car since the Euro NCAP crash test 2004?

As mentioned, they've added airbags. The tested version only had one airbag, but the Panda can be bought with 6 airbags.

I think there are many people that are turned off by the 3-star NCAP rating, but they would read the actual test then they would know why the score is so low and what 'was done' to fix it (namely the added airbags :) ).

I think all the MY2007 have the increased rigidity bodyshell. To quote the FIAT press release at the launch of the 100HP:

"The result achieved by the Panda is 70,500 Nm/radiant: this outstanding result at the peak of its category helps determine the car’s great stability and roadholding properties. The number of body weld spots is also 7% higher than on previous models to ensure the car is more compact and more durable."

I don't know if FIAT intend to retest; I guess they only will if they think the new bodyshell and six airbags are going to get them in with a chance of 5 stars.

Better to be honest about it's strengths/weaknesses than do a Renault and design a car just to get 5 stars but in real world accidents are far less convincing.

Back