20140718_150429.jpg

500 Fiat no.7... I promise I am keeping this one!

Introduction

After flipping between manufacturers, I am back with my 7th Fiat, and this one is to stay !

I love the little thing! It's cheap to run, looks great and has so much about it that reminds me of the classic 500.

He is called Giuseppe and is a nightmare to keep clean (I call it B*****d Black!)

Favourite thing about him is the retro looks, and the worst is that it doesn't connect to Android phones though USB :mad:

It's not the fastest thing, but it's still fun :)

Already done over 4000 miles so will keep you posted on how well it goes!
Same as mine love it :) I use meguirers detailer keeps it in show room condition without having to wash it

After flipping between manufacturers, I am back with my 7th Fiat, and this one is to stay !

Favourite thing about him is the retro looks, and the worst is that it doesn't connect to Android phones though USB :mad:

7th fiat, love it.

I moved to Note-3 from iPhone, you are right it does not connect via USB however the iPhone had some technical issues in the way it operated with the screen locking and the inability to select tracks.

you may know this already... The best solution is to download all songs onto a usb stick and play via multimedia settings. Or even use a phone holder and use aux, the sound is richer but not better than the iphone way.

We are looking to replace our other car and test drove another car, that had bluetooth streaming with a 7" built in screen, showing you the tracks. Fiats are lagging behind.

btw: if you wish to charge your phone whilst using a usb stick for music, look at the TomTom multi port fast USB charger, I haven't used it but want to buy one along with a 64gb stub usb to hold music, or a ipod nano !!

Thanks dave will try the meguiars stuff. I have used autoglym but not convinced it is all that good? And yeah arorat, my partner has an iPhone and it works perfectly, even with Spotify which is what I want to use. Yeah it's a 1.2. I am used to big engines so it seems a little slow, but someone I know has a fiesta zetec s tdci and he couldn't pass me doing 110mph so I'm a little happier! The fuel saving is making up for the lack of bhp though! Thanks for the interest guys!

Looks great in black, picking up a 500s in electronica blue this week myself. Was a bit unsure about the Grey 15' wheels, I'd thought about going for the optional 16s, but actually they're really growing on me and look spot on in your pics.

Well it hasn't lasted long until a problem has arose!

Whilst idling today a horrible burning rubber/plastic smell filled the cabin, even with the windows down! I have had a look on here and 500 owners and it seems a few have had a similar problem... Either a breather pipe, or O ring on Oil filter. I have sent Fiat an email and will get it checked out. Nearest Fiat dealer is 2 and a half hours from me so wondered if anybody else has heard of any problems before I make the journey?

I'd have a look under the bonnet if it were me. Doubt it's the breather pipe from what you're saying.

Hi
did you fixed it?
it might be a plastic bag from the road that got under the engine cabin while driving, i had that on my lancer and it melted on the radiator + made this awful smell.
look for it too that could be bad for you radiator.

Back