Implemented Fiat MultiECUScan Members Register

Currently reading:
Implemented Fiat MultiECUScan Members Register

Just wondering if it would be a good idea to have a forum special section/thread where forum members who have MultiECUScan (MES) and are willing to fault code read, reset, etc. could register, with:

Forum User Name: s130
Town Location : Southampton
County Location : Hampshire

Nothing else allowed.

After that contact is via PMs

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well looks like we like the idea.

Now it is up to the Fiat Forum Team to figure out best way to implement this.

What we don't want is a mixture of all sorts of other posts or questions as that will defeat the whole idea and simplicity of a simple list or table.

An option would be to have a sticky/topic thread that con only be updated by a moderator(s) and willing members PM the moderator(s) or Group? with their details and the moderators update the table. This would also work for removals.

Also some people have ALFAOBD and other, so to my original name, location, county we would need to specify say MES, ALFA OBD and possibly OTHER (e.g. SnapOn)

And as wee have overseas members as well we should cater for:

User Name / Town / County / Country / MES / ALFAOBD / Other

I don't think Post Codes or more location information should be given for privacy and security reasons.

I've also just tried adding a table using raw html but it is not processed/rendered as a post so that would need thinking about as well.

Last edited:
Easiest way would be to create a sub-section titled MES Service Providers (or something similiar) then sub divide it into counties and then have people PM mods with their details and we place them in the correct section. Would only need a MOD post at beginning to explain how to contact members offering the service and how to get listed.

This sounds like a really good idea and I'd be happy to participate. However, having seen the unexpected things which can go wrong in even the most professional of workshops, I think some sort of disclaimer would be needed to protect the provider? In theory doing a simple code reading or service reset would seem, taken at face value, to be pretty risk free. Whereas doing a proxy alignment (which I've never actually done) could carry risks? there's also the "unknown factor" in that this will be a vehicle of unknown provenance to the provider who might be accused of "wrecking" something - It would be very difficult, and a load of unwanted hassle, to prove that it wasn't you that caused the problem?

Sorry if this sounds cynical, but after a life in and around the motor trade I have ceased to be surprised at the brass neck of some customers - On the other hand there are some, so called professionals, who thoroughly deserve it!

This sounds like a really good idea and I'd be happy to participate. However, having seen the unexpected things which can go wrong in even the most professional of workshops, I think some sort of disclaimer would be needed to protect the provider? In theory doing a simple code reading or service reset would seem, taken at face value, to be pretty risk free. Whereas doing a proxy alignment (which I've never actually done) could carry risks? there's also the "unknown factor" in that this will be a vehicle of unknown provenance to the provider who might be accused of "wrecking" something - It would be very difficult, and a load of unwanted hassle, to prove that it wasn't you that caused the problem?

Sorry if this sounds cynical, but after a life in and around the motor trade I have ceased to be surprised at the brass neck of some customers - On the other hand there are some, so called professionals, who thoroughly deserve it!

You raise a very valid point / concern. Many people are reasonable and when you explain that your service is at their risk they are happy. However others can be totally unreasonable, aggressive, seek legal recourse etc.

This could I think be covered by a simple "Agreement/Disclaimer Form" which could be printed from the Fiat Forum Website and would have to be read and signed by the party seeking help before anybody actually touches their car.

We could all create our own agreement/disclaimer forms, as I did for when I was giving people rides in my track car, but having a more official Fiat Forum form (to which we have all contributed/criticised/amended/etc) is probably the best way to go.

I would suggest a form is needed so the usual "please help" messages get ignored. A genuine person will be happy to fill out a form but it need to have specific questions that must be answered before it will connect.

e.g. location town, car model, age, fault experienced, work done recently, etc.

I'm on board with this idea, could be good to have a 'banner' under our usernames too which either links to the register, or open's up a prefilled message template which the user can complete and sends a PM to us. ben
Lots of suggestions on how to do this, just thinking which is the most practical.

Using the same prefix system we use for events, the easiest way might be a forum where anyone can post their details (prefixed with the area) - and allow the post to be permanently edited (like the MM section) - but not allow any replies.

This way people can all keep their own details up to date..?

Sounds like a great idea, I'm on board with it.

Town Location : Reading
County Location : Berkshire

So not Finland then? :p

JackFi.JPG

I think perhaps the town should go in the title - so prefix the title with your town then -, followed by whatever you want to title it

Eg:

London - Free to use multiplexed

Or whatever.

The county will auto prefix from the selected prefix.

Replies disabled - although is this necessary?
First post can be edited.

Ok so forum is live: https://www.fiatforum.com/multiecuscan-members-register/

Now we need to decide the rules, and printed disclaimer to put in the sticky.

You can start posting up your details now too :)

Indeed

My post already has some NOTES/DISCLAIMERS. I think it is absolutely fair that the Fiat Forum and willing MES/Other Diagnostic kit holders have sensible legal protection.

Until a generally accepted/publicised disclaimer is available then I would strongly recommend that those offering MES/similar services ensure they are adequately protected/covered should anything go wrong.

Back