Fiat Grande Punto - Potential Owner

Currently reading:
Fiat Grande Punto - Potential Owner

MaxMitch99

Hi there,

New member to the forum, my name is Max and I am 17 looking to pass my driving test in December time.
I am currently looking at cars and I found the Fiat Grande Punto very appealing. I just had a positive insurance quote and am looking at cars to buy. The specific model I'm looking at is 06 to 08 reg and a 1.2 litre. I know very little about cars and was wandering if anybody would be able to help me out in finding the best car possible with the fewest problems.
So, my question to you, are there any common faults with Grande Punto/anything in particular to look out for?

Thanks in advance :)
Max

Windscreen scuttle drain tipping water onto the brake servo causing rust and water in the footwell, rear doors window winders failing, oil leak from gear box,and rear hatch filling up with water causing failed boot lock,a problem which fiat seem to have not been able to fix and the problem has now been carried over onto the punto evo,also watch out for condensation in the rear lights.

Hi,

I have a 1.4 Active Sport and it's been a great motor so far. It's a little under powered, so I'd hate to think what the 1.2 would be like, although I imagine insurance for a new driver at 17 would be unpleasant on the 1.4.

The Grande Punto is a big car to only have a 1.2 engine in it, so I think if you were looking to get an engine that size it may be worth looking at a smaller car.

Hi,

I have a 1.4 Active Sport and it's been a great motor so far. It's a little under powered, so I'd hate to think what the 1.2 would be like, although I imagine insurance for a new driver at 17 would be unpleasant on the 1.4.

The Grande Punto is a big car to only have a 1.2 engine in it, so I think if you were looking to get an engine that size it may be worth looking at a smaller car.

Thanks, (y)
Max has a 2nd thread in the GP section - and seems to have got the info he required, :)
charlie - Oxford

Back